Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Best Friends

I have been blessed with the best friend in the world.  Besides my precious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who is ALWAYS number one; and also besides my dear husband of 26 years, I have a best friend named Patti Lyn.  We met when we were only four years old.  We went to Kindergarten together, and have been through more joy and more tears than we can count.  I'm giving away my age by saying that we have been friends for 42 wonderful years.  She is a precious gift from God.  When I made this card last night, I was fondly thinking of her.  Since I live in Nevada, and she lives in Minnesota, our time together is precious, but our next Scrapbooking/Laughing/Fun Fest will be in early November.  I thank God for my precious BEST FRIEND.

I'm so loving the weekly challenges over at http://www.citycrafter.blogspot.com/ where week #71 just so happened to have the challenge - BEST FRIENDS.  I made the card last night, and found the challenge this morning, so obviously. . . . it was meant to be.  I hope you enjoy this card as much as I did.
I used MME patterned paper on the background and two strips, a Maya Road chipboard frame painted cream, a Webster's Pages "friends" sticker to which I added a rub-on with the word "Best", some scrunched seam binding, Flower Fusion Papertrey Ink dies to cut the flowers out of paper and canvas which are inked, a K & Co. brad, a little girl from the Odds & Ends line of Cosmo Cricket, some pearl stickers, and my traditional machine stitching (I don't know why I can't seem to avoid sewing on everything).

I am looking forward to sending this card to my precious Best Friend, Patti Lyn, although she will most likely see it first here on my blog.  I hope she knows how grateful I am for her.  She is a strong and Godly woman, and I love her to pieces.

Thanks for stopping by.  And don't forget to stop over at http://www.citycrafter.blogspot.com/ to look at all the other submissions.

I also entered this card in the challenge at http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/ where we were asked to create something with the image of a girl/woman on it.  I think this little girl is just ADORABLE.

Blessings,

Karen

13 comments:

  1. Oh my this is stunning ... Patti Lyn will love this ... thanks so much for joining us at CCCB this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karen, thank you for stopping by my blog today.
    I sure do like what I'm seeing here on yours. I love this card. Don't you just adore these vintage looking papers... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card :) I too have been blessed by a great friend Jesus :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card. I love all the detail on it... Your friend is going to LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card, I love this image from Cosmo Cricket, they are my favorite right now.
    hey Karen, I saw your comment at City Crafter Challenge Blog, and would love to have you as our guest designer, please drop me an email at citycrafter@gmail.com and we could work on a date. (I will be away tomorrow, so reply might be slow)
    One more thing that is cool, I am in Las Vegas too, maybe we could meet up for some day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lovely card and she'll love it. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous shabby chic card Karen...beautifully made and designed
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card. Love the vingate feel of it. Lovely Creation.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh, this is soooooooo very ♥FABULOUS♥ i am sure your friend will just TREASURE this gorgeousness!!! really beautiful and fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, Karen! I'm a vintage girl at heart & it's just lovely! Very well done & I'm sure your friend will treasure it.
    Huggies & Blessings ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just adorable.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so darling! Thank you so much for joining us at CCCB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.