Saturday, August 6, 2011

Home is Where.......

I'm playing along with a challenge at http://www.citycrafter.blogspot.com/ where you need to create something with a house on it.  This is City Crafter Challenge Blog Week #68 - Home Sweet Home.  This week's challenge winner will receive a $10 gift certificate from http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/ - their stuff is gorgeous!  They are also having a terrific giveaway - you won't want to miss it!  Here's what they are giving away......

I'm also entering my card below in the challenge at http://www.delightfulsketches.blogspot.com/ and since my card has both machine stitching on the patterned paper, as well as hand stitching on the felt house, it qualifies for both.  The challege at Delightful Sketches Blog requries stitching.

The ironic part is that today our house is "complete" again for a short time.  Our daughters have been in Minnesota, visiting their Grandparents.  Our oldest daughter, Andrea, just got home last night.  Our middle daughter, Lily, will be leaving for Bible college in a few short weeks.  So, this time that our house is "full" is so very precious.  The Melissa Frances rub-on I used for this card says, "Where we love is Home.  Home is where our feet may leave....but not our hearts!"  This really touched my heart as I thought about the girls growing up.  We love the fact that they enjoy being home and spending time as a family.  Yet, we have to trust God and let them spread their wings (.....just a little).

I apologize because I simply could NOT get a good photo of this card today.  I gave up!

Here are the supplies I used:  Girls' Paperie patterned paper with machine stitching, new Maya Road trim, Cheery Lynn Designs' French Pastry doily (cut on yellow double dots Bo Bunny paper and split).  House is cut from cream wool felt and hand-stitched with yellow DMC floss.  Roof is cut from Pebbles patterned paper and inked with Ranger Ink's Worn Lipstick.  Little wings are from Frost it Pink, glitter heart is Melissa Frances, tiny roses from Recollections, and rub-on by Melissa Frances.  I think that covers it.  Again, I apologize for the lousy photo.  You can see it a bit clearer if you click on the image to enlarge it.

My house is full (for now), and my cup always runneth over.

Karen

18 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love that sentiment:)
    Thanks for following my little ole blog:) glad to have you along for my journey through blogland. Can't wait to read your blog too:) I love finding new blogs to pour over. So glad to be following along with you. look forward to many more posts.
    Cheers!
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your weekend with your daughters. We have sons and they have been gone for a while but we still miss them. It's lovely when we are all together again. Super card by the way! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowww this is sooo beautiful Karen!!!
    Lovely colours and embellishments!

    ♥ Inger

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty card and glad I found you from Melissa's site. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. karen,
    I just love your blog and your card is lovely, those papers are wonderful!! thank you so much for the sweet comment you left me, and good luck with the challenge!!!
    xoxo
    lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Karen I don't see your email address. you left me a comment that you want to participate in my swap. Yes you can still participate. You and I can be partners. Let me know you received this comment or just email me. When you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the sweetest thing, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!
    And thanks for visiting the Pixie blog and for the shout out for Pixie too, good luck with the draw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful creation Karen. I love Doilies and I wish I could sew, it looks so awesome on your card.

    Have a good Sunday now and thanks so much for leaving your lovely comment on my blog!

    Majo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I am very pleased to get acquainted! I love making new friends! You have a wonderful, warm and friendly blog! You're just a mistress))) I always read you.
    From the next post I'll duplicate the text of the post and another in English, that you were comfortable, agreed ?))))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card ... so fresh and pretty ... thank you so much for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card ! So sweet and yet the colours are so fresh ! Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card - beautiful colours, Karen! Thanks for your kind comments on my blog - I've become a follower of yours too now! Have a lovely weekend. Best wishes and bye for now Karen x http://scrappydoodledoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous creation, love the sentiment!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karen, you are one of the posts to leave a comment, which was asked to tell where I am. I told him. I live in Ukraine, in Nikolev.
    And you have a large assortment of products for cross stitch? And then we have a lot there (((Do you have many friends in Russia? And you wrote something about my sister, tell us in detail, but I did not understand))) And even better if you write me an email ( kobra.88 @ mail.ru). I will be waiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is gorgeous... love the colors, the wings and your sentiment!
    Pendra
    pendrasplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful creation.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfectly LOVELY! Thank you so much for sharing your talent at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is stunning...love that little design and fabulous colours!x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.