Sunday, September 25, 2011

Something for Him

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am always making "pretty" things.  Almost all of which are geared toward women/girls.  So, when I saw the challenge this week over at http://www.fridaymashup.com/ I was kind of excited.  It's all about following their sketch, and making something masculine.  This is good for me because there are plenty of times that I need a "guy card", and now I will actually have something that can be used.  I need challenges like this more often - LOL.

For this card, I used an older line.  It's Crate Paper's Static Collection - patterned papers and die cut punch-outs.  Other than that, I used a Pebbles rub-on, and I machine stitched it a bit.

You can read about, and even enter, the Friday Mash Up challenge by clicking here:  http://www.fridaymashup.com/2011/09/we-getting-sketchy-with-friday-mashup.html and I know you will be inspired to make something masculine once you've taken a peek at all the awesome creations that have been entered.

Thanks for stopping by my blog to take a peek at my entry.  I appreciate your comments.  And, don't forget to click on the photo/link in the upper right hand corner of my blog to enter the give-away for an Antique Floral Frog.  Have a great week!

Blessings,

Karen

11 comments:

  1. Great job mashing up the challenge Karen! I like the papers you used and fantastic touch with the stitching, it looks great.

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out great! I love those papers and die cuts you used they are perfect for a Man card! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice masculine card. I seen to have a bit of trouble with these types of cards.
    You rocked this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow such a wonderful masculine card... Love it.
    I have the hardest time making manly cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, so glad you joined us at the Friday Mashup with our sketch and masculine challenge. While I'm all for girly and pretty cards, we do tend to make more of them than the masculine ones, which is why this is my second time to call for that in our Challenges in the past 6 months.
    I really like your take on my sketch and I love the stars starting on the main part of the card rather than hugging the oval. Very creative.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is great. I've actually thought of something about my cards. I used to hate doing 'cute' and then without warning got hooked on them. Most of my cards look like cards suitable for children so I need to make more adult cards for men and women. I also need to make Christmas cards so I need a big push! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card, the men in our lives are so difficult to make cards for. This is fab. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Karen!! Love it!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific masculine card! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card - love the stitching and those stars. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful masculine creation! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.