Saturday, November 19, 2011

Blessings to Share

What a blessed weekend.  It's been busy, but great.  My 12-year-old son, Andrew, and I went for a walk and he found a $20 bill.  He felt so lucky.  Then, we went to his soccer game today.  I absolutely love that boy and love spending time with him.  He's my youngest, so I rather wish he would stay little forever.  But I know he will not, so I just enjoy every blessed moment we have together; including the memory of finding that money.  It made his day, and made me smile because he was so excited.   Now, he has enough money saved up to buy some video game he's had his eye on for a while.

This is a card I made yesterday.  I had a new friend, Mynnette, stop by my blog today and leave a sweet comment, so I went over to visit her blog, and I found out about this challenge and decided to enter it:

http://deesignsbyninadee.blogspot.com/2011/11/i-heart-ribbon-challenge-10.html - Grosgrain Ribbon

And this is a close-up of the grosgrain ribbon I used:

So, while I'm at it (with another Traditional Christmas card), I figured that I might as well PILE IT ON by adding it to other challenges, and make another entry into the challenge over at:

I appreciate everyone who stops by and comments.  I really do visit your blogs.  If it weren't true, I would have never met Mynnette, and wouldn't have learned about this fun new challenge blog.  You never know who you might meet, and that's why I always promise to stop by and say hello to you.  I really mean it when I tell you that I appreciate you all and stop by your blogs when you comment.

Thanks for taking a look.  Have a blessed Sunday.

Karen

16 comments:

  1. Oooo!!! LOVE this--it's fabulous! LOVE that music paper!!! Is it from a stack or is it from real sheet music--I must know! :) New follower--excited to see more from you!!! :) Have a restful Sabbath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful bow you tied here! Is there a secret behind it? Mine always look crooked :(

    Have a wonderful Sunday!

    BTW: I will check out Mynnette's blog, love challenges, especially ones I haven't participated in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card! Very nice colors, the music background and the gross grain ribbon. Beautiful! Wow, thats great that your son found $20, I can imagine his excitement. My 3 kids are all grown up with kids of there own, they do grow up way to fast...Have a wonderful Sunday. Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another little beauty. Love the colours, love the ribbon. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, love the music score background, and the festive colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your story about your lovely lad made me smile.....my own lovely lads are 32 and 23 now, but I well remember wanting to keep them at the age they happened to be, at any given moment...does that make sense? It's such a special time, when you are still the most important person in their lives, isn't it?
    I also have 3 gorgeous girls....haaa!
    Your card is just beautiful....I love those gorgeous colours

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card. Love how you mixed the patterns. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, love the flower with the gingham brad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card Karen and the beautiful flower too. Im so glad you had a lovely day with your wee son. My wee brother who's 11 was down with us today....theres 21 years between me and him! He is just a breath of fresh air and of course all us older brothers and sister spoil him rotten but thats the joy of being a big sister, lol. Love your card. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ps....I know Thanksgiving is coming up some day this week I think? Obviously coming from Northern Ireland we dont celebrate this holiday so please excuse my lack of knowledge when it comes to the date. But i just wanted to wish you and your lovely family a wonderful Thanksgiving. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the fab papers you used and pretty flower. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very cheerful and festive card, love it!! Thank you for playing along with us at CASE Study!! Chupa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card Karen! I'm so glad you played along with my I {Heart} Ribbon Challenge!

    ReplyDelete