Friday, November 25, 2011

Christmas Tree Project

It's "Black Friday", and I was completely planning on staying home and saving money.  However, I just got the Michael's ad, and it's simply TOO GOOD to resist.  I will be heading over there later, and also hitting Kohl's and the Goodwill.  I hope that for those of you who did brave the crowds, that you found everything you were looking for, and then some.  Because of this Anti-Black Friday choice, I am entering the "Black Friday" Challenge at:
http://freshbreweddesigns.blogspot.com/2011/11/fbc-74.html - Black Friday Theme

I got this cute idea from Authentique Papers Blog, and remembered that I had two chipboard cones that I had picked up on clearance, so I followed their example, and made these.  They will make a wonderful addition at the boutique.
Close-up of bottom:
You can see the tutorial from Authentique Papers' Blog by clicking on this link:
http://authentiquepaper.blogspot.com/2011/11/happy-monday-authentique-paper-lovers.html

So, I decided to also enter this project in the following challenges:
http://lilredwagon.blogspot.com/2011/11/challenge-108-christmas-theme.html - Christmas Theme
http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/challenge-42-and-winner-of-41.html - Christmas Sentiment
http://sparklesforumchallenges.blogspot.com/2011/11/challenge-25-vintage-christmas.html - Vintage Christmas
http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com/2011/11/pile-it-on-47-anything-with-p-and-dt.html - Anything With a "P" - I used Paper mache cone, Paper mache box on bottom, Patterned Papers
http://shellysimagesblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/shellys-images-would-like-to-wish-you.html - Red & Green
http://2sisterschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/challenge-67-holiday.html - Holiday

I also want to mention an awesome give-away going on over at my new blog friend, Stacy's, fun blog.  You can enter to win a Crafter's Companion Ultimate Tool.  Read all about it by clicking on this link to her blog/give-away:
http://scrapwithstacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/happy-thanksgiving-blog-candy.html

Thanks for stopping by to take a look.  I'd love to see what you've been making this week.  Just leave me a comment, and I will head on over to your blog to see what you've been busy creating.

Blessings,
Karen

19 comments:

  1. Oh my word, these are truly beautiful. What a gorgeous idea. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trees are lovely!! I just might have to try them:)
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous trees

    Thanks for joining us at Sparkles hope you will join us again soon. good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW these look fabulous! What a clever idea! Thanks so much for joining our "RED & GREEN" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!

    Darlene
    Shelly's Images DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Karen: This is terrific!! I love the special design.
    And thanks for leaving me a sweet comment. I would follow your blog.
    Thanks for your inviting.
    ~darling Ho

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Shelly's Images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowwww !! They would fit wonderfully in my home ! Gosh, what a stunning project !! Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fun project and the spools are a perfect touch! Thanks for joining the All About "P" challenge at Pile It On! Tammie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for adding your fabulous Christmas trees to our challenge at Shelly's Images! I hope you join us again next week!
    luv n huggz
    Jen
    Shelly's Images DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute, Karen--I especially like the spool with the sheet music wrapped around it!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those trees! What a great idea. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely trees! I chose to avoid the Black Friday crowd myself! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges for our, "Black Friday" challenge!
    Warm Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful projects. I stayed in Black Friday just because I was lazy. I wish I had hit the michales sale though:D oh well. there's always next year!


    Thank you for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges Black Friday challenge!
    Heather D.
    www.freshbreweddesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sooo pretty! Congratulations, you are our Silver Medal Award winner for our "Getting Ready for the Holidays"Challenge at Shelly's Images. Please visit our BLOG for all the details and for your Silver Medal Award to display here at your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these. Thanks for the insperation. Now I want to make one or two to add to my Christmas Forest this year. Great colors and so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These both sold at the boutique today also. I need to make more next year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow - Lovin' these trees! What a clever & v.efective design!
    Deb.x

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.