Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Simplify

I think we can all agree that life is busy.  We all have things on our plate that we need to deal with on a daily basis.  Some of them are a joy - such as caring for our family, serving God and helping friends.  Other responsibilities can become a burden.  Don't you all think that when something becomes a burden, and isn't a "must do" responsibility in your life, that it's better to simplify?  Well, I know that I needed to simplify, and so I did.  But why is it that sometimes.....it's harder for others to support us in those decisions?  I don't get it.  If it's what's best for someone, then you should feel the love and support of anyone who truly is "a friend".  I guess that's where you find out who really is a friend, or a good person, and who - quite simply - is not.  I am SO grateful for all the people in my life who support me in my decision to SIMPLIFY.

I made this card for the Make it Monday Challenge at Nicole Heady's blog for Papertrey Ink.  Betsy Veldman did a wonderful tutorial (check it out) on how to cut a partial die-cut.  She did a MUCH better job on hers, naturally, because she is Betsy.  But I did what I could with what I have.  I  really don't have the right die cut and matching stamp set for this challenge, but I did what I could.  Here is a link to Nicole's Blog where you can see Betsy's amazing tutorial, and enter the challenge:
http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2012/03/make-it-monday-56-die-cutting-partial-images.html - Make it Monday - Cutting Partial Images

I'm also entering this card in the challenge at Simon Says Stamp.  Why, you ask?  Because, quite simply, I want to win.  LOL
http://www.simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/2012/02/simon-saysanything-goes.html - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I wish you all the very best with whatever challenges, contests, design team applications, family issues, or any other situation in which you find yourselves this week.  I encourage you all to SIMPLIFY and focus on what really matters.  And most of all, have a blessed week.

Hugs,

Karen

11 comments:

  1. Hello Karen, how lovely and so much wonderful detail too.
    You sound a little down sweetie, so I am sending you a hug to make you feel better.
    Good luck with the challenges.
    Speak soon.
    With love, Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hun,so love this card it really has wonderful detail,and beautiful design too,sending you a hug sounds as though you need it sweetie,here if you need to email or anything hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card! Love the little topper you've made and how it coordinates with the different papers you've chosen. Hope tomorrow is a brighter day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL card, Karen! I love the sweet details.
    I was so touched and honored to be invited to the wordart challenge and would definitely like to know my sister in Christ better! I wanted to email you but couldn't find your address. Here is mine: marlena(dot)mcdeavitt(at)gmail(dot)com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute interpretation of this challenge, Karen! Love the button card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the homey feel of your card! I find that the Lord often leads me to simplify life to. When my priorities are in balance there is peace. Love and Prayers, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your ending message! So sweet and true! Such a pretty card . Love the choice of die you used! Nice sewing too! Take care !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your combination of patterns and colors-just beautiful! Fun take on the challenge.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Karen - I too am trying to simplify, but somehow I don't seem to be getting very far very fast :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello my friend! I support you in your desire to "simplify". Sometimes people we love don't understand why we do what we feel the need to do, but if it's ok with you and God, then it doesn't really matter, does it. Easier said than done, I know... Hang in there, I know you are doing the right thing. Your card is beautiful! You are such an inspiration to me, with card making and with life as well. I wish we lived closer... Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card, I love the colors and sewn felt touches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.