Sunday, April 29, 2012

You Are FEARLESS

When I saw the challenge at www.simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com asking us to make a creation using our favourite "word", I thought about my sweet niece, Brittany.  She is about to set off on a missions trip to Nicaragua to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  She doesn't know exactly what lies ahead for her, but she is facing it with a "FEARLESS" attitude - completely trusting God.  So, this card is for her with my "favourite word".  We have nothing to fear when God is on our side.

I made the card based on a wonderful sketch provided by http://www.sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.com which looks like this, and I knew I could work with it.
So, here is the list of challenges I am linking this card to:

http://www.sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.com/ - Sweet Sketch #151 - They have the sweetest Design Team who actually stop  by your blog and comment on your entry.  They are involved and encouraging, and I appreciate this SO much.

http://www.simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com/2012/04/simon-says-stamp-and-show-your.html - Simon Says Stamp and Show - Make a Project Using Your Favorite Word, which right now is "Fearless" in honor of my brave niece, Brittany, who is ready to go to Nicaragua and spread the Gospel.

http://www.citycrafter.blogspot.com/2012/04/city-crafter-challenge-blog-week-106.html - City Crafter Challenge Blog who is asking us to get "A Little Rough Around the Edges", so I added some distress ink, jute and burlap.

http://www.simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/2012/04/simon-saysanything-goes.html - Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes.  I just LOVE entering their awesome challenges every week.  Since I'm recovering from foot surgery, I'm thinking, "I could win. . . .who knows?  Anything Goes, right?

http://joannasheenchallenge.blogspot.com/2012/04/flower-power.html - Flower Power at Joanna Sheen - Their store is AMAZING

Those are the amazing challenges I've chosen to enter, and I'm just trusting God to help me make my way to a win this week.  It could happen.  Have faith.

I appreciate each of you for stopping by and leaving a comment.  I always do my best to also visit your blogs.  Since I'm stuck on the couch, your visits mean more than ever.  I do hope you have a blessed day, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this card.

Praising God,
Karen

30 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love the frame and your added stitching and your flowers are gorgeous. Such a lovely idea too which I am sure will be treasured. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful! I really like the natural fibers mixed in with the jewels and gorgeous flowers. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, another beautiful creation! I love the layers you did and the colors you chose! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely GORGEOUS, amazing, beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunnig card, love your word and your beautiful flowers. So glad you could join us at Sweet Sketch Wednesdays.
    Hugs,Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just wonderful! I love your papers and ribbon tags! May we all be fearless in our desire to share the Gospel with others to! May the Lord bless your niece on her trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card for your friend who will be doing wonderful things in her effort to share the gospel of Jesus Christ! Thanks for joining us at SSW!
    Judi SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is such a stunning card!!! love how you used the burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card. I'm in awe. What a wonderful gift to give your niece as she sets off on her new adventure. With God on her side, she has nothing to fear. Blessings to her, and thank you for sharing yet another lovely piece of your art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh, I love this. It has such a nice antique feel to it. It is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an absolutely beautiful card and the reason behind it-your niece is so aspiring! Bless her for donating the time to such a cause! Your card will be cherish by her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is so beautiful. Love your fearless and the flowers are so SWEET. Have a sweet day!!! Arlana@SSW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card ... I love the touch of burlap with that word stamp ... perfect! ... Many thanks for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card. Thank you for stopping in at our blog hop.
    Hugs Velma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karen this is gorgoeus thank you for your kind comments on my blog. What a stunning card I love the colours and the flowers gorgeous great work well done
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous card. I just love all the layers and textures.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card and wonderful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful adventure and mission for your niece and a beautiful send off in your card. Your take on our sketch this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday is gorgeous. I love the texture and details you have added and of course your word and the meaning behind it. Hope you have a wonderful week.
    Patti SSW/DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Karen this is a beautiful card for your niece I love your colours and such pretty embellishments. Your card has a love Vintage feel to it and I know that your niece will love it and take it with her on her travels. Wishing her all the very best for the unknown adventure ahead of her. Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. This could not be lovelier! ! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So many beautiful elements in this beauty! Gorgeous vintage card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Karen, I just had to stop back by and say thank you for your sweet comment on SSW. It makes us feel so good to know that our followers notice that we are trying to comment on all our players. Thanks so much and hope to see you next week.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, Stunning creation!!! The frame is so pretty.
    Thanks so much for joining us this week @ SSW :)

    Genevieve SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card Karen, I love the layers and textures.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is absolutely gorgeous, Karen! All the layers came together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wwhat a stunning card! Incredible frame for the simple image and the stitching is a perfect touch. Thanks for playing along with us at SSW!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very pretty floral card Karen, thank you for joining us at Joanna Sheen 'Flower Power' challenge hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! This is a stunning card, and one I know will let your niece know she's loved as she takes this leap of faith to spread the Lord's word. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.