Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Come Play at Word Art Wednesday

It's been a super busy week for me, but I'm not complaining - I LOVE IT!!  Luckily, I got quite a bit of my art done ahead of time, and my son is on break from school this week so it worked out quite well.  I made this card for this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday where our challenges are always Anything Goes, and our sponsor this week is the SUPER FUN Your Next Stamp who is offering one lucky winner a $20 gift certificate to spend on Your Next Stamp's darling rubber stamps, die-cuts and embellishements.  If you've never checked out this amazing store, you're really missing out.  Take a moment to stop by and check out the store, and then head on over to Word Art Wednesday where you can link up 5 entries - Anything Goes.  We really hope you will join us!!
This is the outside view of my card.  This week's scripture word art is on the inside of my card.  You can see this on the Word Art Wednesday Challenge Blog and you can also save the free word art scripture file to your computer.  We welcome everyone!
 
I'm entering the following challenges with this card:
 
Great Impressions Stamps Challenge Blog - Based on the sketch shown below, and they're looking for a Guest Designer, and I would REALLY love to be chosen for this honor.   I don't own any of their stamps yet, but I sure hope to in the future!  Here's the cute sketch I followed:


Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog - Challenge:  "What Are You Known For?" - I have pretty much made machine stitching my "signature move", and I do it pretty much ALL the time!  LOL

Simon Says Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Use Washi Tape" - On this project, my washi tape is bright pink polka dot (underneath the hotizontal strip on the tag) and turquoise/white (horizontally on the tag).  Washi tape is AWESOME, and you can find lots of cool styles of washi tape at Simon Says Stamp.

It's so nice to have you stop by and say hello.  Please don't forget to stop by Word Art Wednesday Challenge Blog to play along with us and have the opportunity to win the $20 gift certificate from this amazing company Your Next Stamp - check it out!

Have a blessed day!
Karen

13 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Karen. Loving the design paper prints which is a little shabby chic.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Karen, this is really gorgeous!! I love the quilt feeling it has to it!! I keep forgetting about your challenge hun! I need to get over there! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I read where I was selected as one of the top 3 cards last week. I wasn't sure where I would find your email. Mine is lazylizard@windstream.net
    I love taking part in Word Art Wednesday. The scriptures are always a perfect addition to any card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, I read where I was selected as one of the top 3 cards last week. I wasn't sure where I would find your email. Mine is lazylizard@windstream.net
    I love taking part in Word Art Wednesday. The scriptures are always a perfect addition to any card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card, thanks for choosing me as one of the top 3 last week I am emailing you when I leave here. I love doing the challenges, gives me great focus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful card, Karen! Your embellies are an amazing, perfect match to your papers. I love your interpretation of the sketch...your layers/colors are perfect. And inside is gorgeous too (saw that on the WAW blog!) What an amazing talent you are, Karen. I'm so blessed to know you, to be able to interact with you on so many levels, and to have your tremendous talents displayed with DD images. Just love what you do. This card is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. trop joli, si shabby et féminin, biz

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful! I love the papers you've stitched together, and the emblies are just wonderful together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty pretty use of DP with our sketch challenge! Those colors are just striking! Thanks for joining our challenge at Great Impressions! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! The mix of patterns is great and the tag looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen, You surely kept the integrity of the sketch. the colors are alive and the buttons very showy. I really love your work.
    Carole
    The LORD is my Shepherd I shall not want

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen, this card is fantastic. It has so many elements that work so well - wonderful.
    I also want to recognize all you do - the many hats you seem to wear - and the thoughtful comments you make. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another absolutely beautiful card! Your version of my sketch is perfection! The lace and buttons are the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.