Monday, March 25, 2013

Chicks Rule

For this week's great new challenge at The Kraft Journal, our theme was to create something with the theme "Chicks Rule".  Being that it's so close to Easter, I did think about doing an "Easter chick" card, but then I got to thinking about one "chick" I know who really does stand out, and that's my (ex) sister-in-law.  She is Russian, and I enjoy making cards and projects using Russian sentiments for her.  The sentiment I used on this card says "Happy Birthday" in Russian.
I started my project by taking a Corrugated Kraft Square and attaching a piece of Buff Ivory Cardstock.  Next, I used some Cosmo Cricket patterned papers, journaling card and chipboard to create the background.  To that, I added some vintage black lace, some Baker's Twine, a Canvas Tag, and then I used the super versatile Jenni Bowlin Memo Notebook.  I used one printed page from this Memo Note Book  (with words and numbers), and then a second page from this same Black Memo Note Book that was a tiny sticker page.  I ran it through my printer to place the Russian Happy Birthday sentiment in just the right place.  I attached a vintage button and a resin flower.  That's about it.  I will also say that I use my Bone Folder Tool from The Kraft Outlet quite a bit.  It is very helpful for making crisp, clean folds, and it also help smooth out bumps which came in handy while using the sticker to run through the printer.  It's a very useful tool.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  I really hope that you will consider stopping by The Kraft Outlet to pick up some wonderful new goodies, and then heading over to The Kraft Journal to play along in the Chicks Rule Challenge this week.  You are also most welcome to join our weekly challenge at Word Art Wednesday where it's always Anything Goes, and we'd be SO blessed to have you join us and play along at both!

I'm entering this one challenge:  My Craft Spot by Kimberly - Challenge #92 - Strings & Things - I used baker's twine on this project, and you kind find lots of baker's twine, and lovely shades of jute at My Craft Spot.
 
Have a blessed week,
Karen

10 comments:

  1. Oh, Karen, this is just beautiful! I have paper like this to use but haven't yet. You've made me want to break those out and get busy!! Thank you so much for praying for me today. That made me feel so special! We're actually doing school this week because we got behind. :( Sickness has been our enemy this winter. We are thankfully all feeling better now. :) Hope you have a Blessed Day!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, 'girls rule' that is so vintage and cute! Love it .. of course I love all of your cards they are so pretty and done so nicely. This is just another one that is done in excellence! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Karen - love what you have done here to make such a unique and beautiful vintage card.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning vintage creation. Love all the textures.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen - you are the most creative person I know - you did a lovely job on this ladies card for sure! Thanks for the inspiration - have a wonderful week! Enjoy your friendship so much! Got Ice Cream???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love the vintage theme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, the corrugated square is so effective and the colours all go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card! The material, button and twine are such great elements! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. élégante, chic, vintage, elle est tellement belle...biz

    ReplyDelete
  10. elegant card dear !!
    love d black lace :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.