Monday, December 2, 2013

Let's Get Sketchy at The Kraft Journal

I hope that you all had an absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving.  We sure enjoyed our busy weekend here with our children and house guests.  I find my house suddenly very quiet today.  The time flew by so quickly, and Lily is back to college until Christmas break.  She does get five weeks with us then and that will be absolutely wonderful!  I have so much to do between now and then to prepare for Christmas.  I'm sure you all can relate to that.
Karen Letchworth for The Kraft Journal
Sketches are always fun, and for this week's Sketch Challenge at The Kraft Journal Challenge Blog, I really had some fun!  I started my card by using a Small Buff Ivory Notecard which is a MUST-HAVE for every crafter.  These wonderful packages of Notecards come with ten (10) cards and matching envelopes for just $3.99 which is a great price for this high-quality linen-look and feel paper.  Next, I covered the Notecard with patterned paper, and some simple embellishments from the Kraft Outlet following the lines of the sketch, including several lengths of Brown Baker's Twine, a Jenni Bowlin General Store Postage Stamp Sticker (25 cents), Jenni Bowlin Letter Stickers, and a Jenni Bowlin General Store Flatback (10 cents).  The little journaling spot was cut with a Spellbinders die-cut from a piece of Ivory Cardstock.  That's about it!  Have lots of fun with this week's Sketch Challenge.  We can't wait to see what you'll create!  You are welcome to link up in our challenge using any kraft paper or items from our store - The Kraft Outlet.  You could be the lucky winner of the monthly prize which is a $15 gift certificate to this amazing store.  Let's Get Sketchy!

I'm sharing my card here:
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog - Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
 
Have a blessed week!
 
Karen

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Love the play with the words.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Karen! Love how you used the Kraft Journal sketch!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. inventive et pleine d'originalité, un superbe style, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card!! I love the stickers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dp you have used Karen - it looks like a crochet cloth :-), and the simple embellishments stand out against it beautifully.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is this! I love it. By the way, I had left a message on the post over at Word Art Wednesday and then got your message yesterday. I tried to email you but box was full. Can you email me at grammytoo4@outlook.com. Thanks Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your take on the sketch this week, Karen! I like how you used the vintage price stickers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.