Wednesday, December 18, 2013

TKJ Watch Us Wednesday & Word Art Wednesday

Hello friends of The Kraft Journal!  I'm here to share with you all a super easy, fun, and pocket-friendly idea for our "My Special Idea" segment of today's Watch Us Wednesday at The Kraft Journal.  This week, I'm sharing another great gift-giving idea.  I had purchased some super yummy Pirouline cookies at the Dollar Store, and I saved the canisters because I just knew they would be fun to decorate.  Here's how I decorated them:
I took several sheets of Vintage Dictionary Pages and cut them into narrow strips at the correct height to cover my canisters.  I covered the back side of each strip with a thin layer of Mod Podge and adhered them to the sides of the canisters - overlapping just a bit as I covered them.  This entire process took just a couple minutes per can.
Once I had the canisters covered in the Vintage Dictionary Pages, I covered the lids in the same way.  Some have the Vintage Dictionary Pages showing, and some do not.  You can't go wrong with these - anything you use to decorate would be fine, and they could be made throughout the year with other styles of embellishments.  The lid below also has a Making Memories sticker on it - the size was a perfect fit!
I then decorated each canister with some stickers and other little Christmas embellishments I had on hand, including ribbon from Hobby Lobby, rusty jingle bells from Paper Sweeties, and I tied them with Natural Hemp Cord.
This photo shows the tops of all three cans.  Be creative, and use whatever you have on hand.  You can't go wrong!
Because I knew that I was going to use these canisters to fill with Christmas treats and give away as gifts, I added Round Metal-Edged Grungy Prim Tags to each canister so that I could write "To/From" on them.   It was the perfect finishing touch.  I LOVE these tags, and just ordered myself more of them.
The Kraft Outlet is full of great products to help make your gift-giving and holiday crafting projects a breeze, and the prices are always right!  We hope that this little project has inspired you all to head on over to the Kraft Outlet to get some great new supplies, and then join our fun "Something New" challenge this week. Happy crafting, everyone!
Before I run off, I wanted to share (above) my card for this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday.  I used some of my new patterned papers (the ones I got on clearance in St. George this past weekend).  I ran off the word art/scripture file on a Cosmo Cricket journaling card through my printer, and machine stitched everything together.  Then, I just added a seam binding bow and some sweet paper flowers.  Other than lots of Tim Holtz ink, that's about it.  Please be sure to stop by and play along with us at The Word Art Wednesday Challenge Blog as well as at The Kraft Journal Challenge Blog.  It's always a blessing to have you all join us, and there are so many great prizes to be won.  Our sponsors this week at WAW are The Scrapping Center - a $15 Gift Certificate, and also Stamp Art by Kathryne - 5 digis of winner's choice.  We look forward to seeing you all! 

Have a blessed week,

Karen

14 comments:

  1. Love your cannister project! And your card is fabulous. May you have a blessed season with family and friends and a very Merry Christmas. Thank you for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these....great recycling idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those cans! What beautiful creations for Christmas, Karen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh la la Karen, c'est superbe, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely creations I am sure the recipients will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way those containers are decorated Karen, and the card is a stunner.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what a great way to give a gift!!! And a fabulous excuse to buy more of the cookies lol ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness you wouldn't find anything in the store that pretty. Just adorable and a lovely presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM - I need Mod Podge added to my list of crafting supplies! Lovely Karen -

    ReplyDelete
  10. These canisters are wonderful!! The recipients will be very happy!!

    Your card is beautiful, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen! Those cans are SO. CUTE! They're like something you'd buy at a little boutique. Love them!

    Merry Christmas, my friend, and hope your new year is filled with many wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love this idea! What a beautiful and festive gift! I will be making some of these next year!
    Merry Christmas
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful! I love your idea with the cans. I bought 2 cans at the dollar store, and now I'm so inspired to use them. I can fill them with my sugar roasted almonds that I made! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! What a great tutorial. I love getting ideas on how to repurpose containers. Thanks for sharing that. I also love your sweet Christmas card. I always enjoy seeing your creations, and getting ideas from you. I'm going to check out this store again. Thanks for sharing. I hope your Christmas is special - just like you!
    Sierra Winters
    www.sierrasgift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.