Thursday, May 29, 2014

I Hear Wedding Bells

Summer seems to upon us, and means it's time for LOTS of weddings.  We have our first "Summer Wedding" coming up this weekend.  A young lady from our church is marrying the man of her dreams, and we couldn't be happier for her.  She is a sweet girl who suffered from kidney disease and other medical issues that nearly took her life shortly after high school graduation.  We praise God for her recovery, and she is now managing her medical issues.  What a blessing to share in this happy time in her life!
I made this card using cardstock, vintage sheet music, part (one quarter) of a vintage cream doily, a seam binding bow, a "diamond" from my vintage button stash, a Maya Road stick pin, some black tulle, and the sentiment is from a set of silver rub-ons.  It turned out really lovely, and was very easy to make.  The only thing missing is the black machine stitching, but I was too lazy last night when I made this to change out the color of thread currently in my machine.  I may still add the stitching before I actually give away the card at the wedding this weekend.

I'm sharing my Wedding Card in the following challenges this week:

My Craft Spot by Kimberly - Challenge #139 - Wedding - Have you seen the GORGEOUS wedding stamp set being offered as this week's prize from My Craft Spot?  Their stamps are SO worth taking the time to browse.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Anything Goes" this week - Grab some goodies at Simon Says Stamp, and come play along!

Creative Card Crew - Shabby Chic/Vintage - I used LOTS of vintage items on this card, and LOVE the shabby chic look!

Rhedd & Rosie's Challenge Blog - Challenge #33 - No Flowers/No Floral Theme

Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by today to say hello!  I always appreciate your sweet comments, and hope you will stop by again soon.

Blessings to you,
Karen

11 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Karen ! I love how nice and simple yet beautiful .love the ribbons for the perfect finishing touch.
    God Bless
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous just as it is Karen - love the way the ribbon and stick pin and doily are all 'there', but not taking away from the sentiment panel and music.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I love everything about it.
    Congratulations to the Happy Couple I hope they have a long and happy. marriage

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card Karen. The music sheet bg is lovely :)Praise God for the girl's recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Karen, I love the shabby chic look with fabulous colours and elements!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. très joli, très élégant, j'aime beaucoup, biz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card. Thanks for joining our vintage/ shabby Chic challenge at Creative Card Crew. Hugs Tania xx(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card, thank you for sharing with us ah Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! I love, love, love that beautiful double bow too! Fabulous card, Karen!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.