Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Word Art Wednesday Fun

Here we are again - smack dab in the middle of the week, which means it's time for another super fun challenge at Word Art Wednesday.  This week, like every other week, we have two amazing sponsors with us.  Our first sponsor for this week is Docerela Stamps, and one person will receive their choice of any stamp set from their lovely shop.  And second, another lucky entry will receive three sets of choice from the lovely Cutting Café.  You are welcome to stop by and share up to five projects with us - any style, any theme (just follow our friendly rules).  It's easy and fun, and YOU could be one of our lucky winners.
My DT sample card for this week was made using some older supplies from Cosmo Cricket's Material Girl line.  I bought a lot of this several years ago at a store called Robert's Crafts in St. George, Utah.  Robert's was always one of my super fun "go-to" stores that I'd routinely visit when my hubby took us to St. George for the day.  All but one of my favorite "go-to" scrapping stores in St. George are now closed (including Robert's).  I purchased all this Cosmo Cricket Material Girl stuff on a 75% off clearance.  Needless to say, I have a bit of it.  There's something really rewarding about creating from your stash.  Don't you think?
 
I took two of the patterned papers and machine stitched them together, and I printed the scripture/word art file onto a coordinating journaling card from the Material Girl line.  Then, I added a few chipboard flowers from the set, and a bow that I made from ripped material.  Pretty simple card.  And since I already had these lovely supplies out on my table, I decided to create two additional cards with them.
My second card has a Melissa Frances rub-on sentiment.  Everything else about the card is very similar to the first.  This Material Girl line from Cosmo Cricket has some really cute chipboard pieces including the flowers on my first two cards.
The third card (above) follows the same basic idea, but I used even more of the cute chipboard on this card including the dress form and the little girl.  I also used some sponsor images on this first card.  The Cutting Café carries lots of great cutting files as well as printable stamp sets.  I used one of the dresses, the purse, and a hat from their sweet All About Girls Printable Stamp Set.

I really hope that you will stop by to share your projects with us this week.  We'd LOVE to have you play along, and you will really enjoy our warm fellowship.  And.....you could win some really amazing prizes.  We hope to see YOU at Word Art Wednesday this week.
 
Blessings to you,
Karen

6 comments:

  1. What lovely colourful cards Karen - love the stitching you have used on them.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, these cards are gorgeous! I love it when you re-discover something in your stash. Trouble is I've got too much of "not you again, I'm fed up seeing you again" type of stash

    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. super jolie, j'adore les coutures, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simpatično in barvito. Zelo lepo.

    LP,Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Karen what beautiful projects and so colorful, really put a smile on my face this morning, i would love to put this in the customer gallery over at the cutting cafe...if i can please send me a link to this project to fabriccutups@prodigy.net and thanks again for letting me sponsor you all's site...hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.