Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pretty Kraft and Special Memories

It's never easy saying goodbye to someone who you love SO much.  My recent trip to Minnesota for my Sister-in-Law, Audra's, funeral was very difficult.  I simply don't want to deal with the thought of never seeing her again, never laughing with her again, and not having her on the other end of the phone when I need her so desperately.  But I was always taught to "look for the silver lining" in the clouds and that's just what I did on this trip.  I got to spend some much needed time with my BFF and do some crafting.  This is one of the cards we made together.
I used a Large Lunch Bag Kraft Note Card for the base of my card, and added lots of great Crate Paper Oh Darling products (the patterned papers, frame, butterfly, green plastic bow (by flower) and 100% Pure Sweetness tag).  I used a die-cut and wool felt for the flower, some tulle, sequins, vintage tape, and machine stitching.
 
I'm sharing my card in the following challenges:
 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenges - Simon Says "Get Crafty and Use Kraft"" - If you read above, that's just what I did.  I used a kraft card base and got crafty with my BFF of 42+ years while on a "not-so-fun" trip and that made it a special and memorable time.

Sister Act Card Challenges - Challenge #79 - Anything Goes

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenges - Simon Says "Anything Goes"
 
When times get rough, and they often do, I'm so grateful for the "silver lining in the clouds", and it makes me happy when I can create something with my hands and especially with my BFF, Patti Lyn.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
My Cup Runneth Over,
Karen

5 comments:

  1. What wonderful therapy to make a beautiful project like this Karen. may you find many more silver linings.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work is cure, especialy when reminded you on someone close. Very nice card.
    Hugs, Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about Audra's passing Karen. I will continue to pray for you and her family as everyone adjusts. How hard it must be for her husband and young family. Glad to hear you were able to spend time with your best friend while you were there. Hugs and blessings...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss. Such a great card, the layers are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cute! Great layers! Thanks so much for playing along with the Get Krafty challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.