Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Spring Joy

I am really feeling for all of you living in the colder climates.  My Mom said it was 4 degrees at her house today.  Yikes!  I had a lovely day here in Las Vegas, and we experienced a sunny 72 degrees.  As a homeschooling Mom, I don't get a whole lot of time to myself.  But today, our son had sports at a park (not near our house); so my husband took him.  Then, they ran errands all day, and brought home dinner.  That means I DIDN'T HAVE TO COOK!  So......I got to spend the entire day ALONE scrapping, creating, taking it easy, and having a ME day.  I played with some of my sweet Crafty Secrets images to create a Spring card.  It just felt like such a perfect sunny day to create something springy.  I used Crafty Secrets' Feathered Friends digital collection to create my card.
I just LOVE Crafty Secrets and their sweet images.  It's fun and easy to use digital pictures on your cards and projects. You can still use all your regular supplies to give the card dimension and texture.  It makes your focal point easy to figure out and implement into your project.  Ultimately, I prefer to print these sweet images onto canvas, but I was all out of the sheets of canvas made to go through your computer printer.  So, I used an ivory linen paper instead.  The colors are just SO vibrant and lovely.  I added some patterned papers, burlap trim, natural jute, various colors of seam binding, and some paper flowers to accent this sweet image.
If you don't own any Crafty Secrets images yet, they do have some freebies on their blog.  You can pick up some sweet images and then play along in their current challenge.  It's a lot of fun, and you will be absolutely INSPIRED by their Design Teams' lovely samples.  Check it out!
 
Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Linky Party - Optional All You Need Is Love.  Well, let's face it, this isn't a Valentine's Day project.  But, who doesn't LOVE this sweet baby chick?
 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - All Things Bright And Beautiful - I absolutely LOVE this theme (because I love the song, "All Things Bright and Beautiful, All Things Great and Small.....All Things Wise and Wonderful, The Lord God Made Them All".  What a sweet song/theme to go with my little baby chick/Spring card

Little Scrap Pieces - Saturday Show It Off Linky Party

Party Time Tuesdays - January Challenge
 
I'm SO glad you stopped by.  Before I run off, I wanted to mention that my VERY SWEET FRIEND, Viola Mahr, added the Pinterest "Pin It" button to my blog for me.  So, if you see something you like, please "Pin It" to your Pinterest board.  I would be honored!
 
Blessings,
Karen
 
Karen

22 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous my friend! -18 here, and loads of snow..lol..As a homeschool Mom, I realize that having YOU time is precious! Our sons homeschooled K4- 13 University Level. All graduated with honours, and have made GREAT career choices! You have my sincere RESPECT, and it's worth it....truly! www.stampinribbons.blogspot.com Drop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! Love how you used the darling image, Karen! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “All Things Bright and Beautiful” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetie Karen - and what a wonderful day you must have had :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty card! And a sunny weather indeed...we were at 17 a few hours ago...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just the most beautiful card, Karen! I've always loved this sweet little chick...and you really made it shine by adding the strip of burlap and that glorious ribbon/flower arrangement! It's just lovely in every way. I'm glad you had a play day to yourself, and am so glad you shared this with us at the Crafty Secrets February Linky party! It's gorgeous!
    kathy
    DT Leader, Crafty Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is as sweet as can be and I just adore that darling image! So glad you had a day to spend on you. What a sweet hubby to bring home supper too! Any night I don't have to cook is a good night. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Karen. Your creations are always so nice. I like that everything you see has a message or song in it about our Lord. It was great to see that up above the chick is your name and the letter "e" in Karen has the bird but it looks like the chick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card! Glad you had a krafty day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so adorable! I love it and am so ready for spring here. Snow and cold is basically my life story right now LOL! Seeing this card definitely brought a smile to my face. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this baby chick image, and your card is stunning, Thanks for inspiring me once again, I just may go play along at Crafty Secrets.
    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Karen, you certainly have made a gorgeous card here with the beautiful Crafty Secrets image....love it, all the beautiful details and the colors! Can you send some of that warmth here...it was 7 degrees when I went to bed last night! Thank you for joining us for our "Crafty Secrets February linky party"!
    Diane CS DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card Karen! That baby bird image to SO sweet! Love your design and beautiful bow embellishment! Hope you are doing good! Nothing like a full crafting day to bring you joy! Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your little chick, this is such a sweet image. I totally agree about adding flowers and ribbon for a 3D effect. Thanks so much for coming to our Valentine Linky Party and with such a gorgeous card.
    Cheers, Elizabeth Linky

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karen, this is a very beautiful card! Love all the details of the embellishment! And, that little chick is super cute! :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How gorgeous! Such a sweet little chick :) Thanks for sharing with us at Party Time Tuesdays!
    Sara
    www.PolkaDotRosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello my friend! WOW this is fabulous! Love that ribbon, flower corner treatment ... sets off this cute little chickie perfectly! Uugh! I'd give anything to have a 50 degree day right now let alone 70s ... that would be SO NICE in comparison to the single digits we've been having here in Ohio! LOL! So glad you've come to join us. Thanks so much for playing along in our February Linky Party at Crafty Secrets! Good Luck!!

    Darlene
    Crafty Secrets DT
    CRAFTY VINTAGE GIRL
    CRAFTY SECRETS LINKY PARTY
    DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just adorable, Karen! LOVE that little chick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is looks so pretty Karen with our cute chick but also the embellishment you made is gorgeous with how you added the 3 ribbon colors, flowers, twine, mesh strips and curled the wire - wow!
    I should mention the cute chick is actually from our Spring Printable Sheet.

    We live in Canada but just 2 hours north of Seattle and have had a super mild winter with many chilly but sunny days and happily not nearly as much rain.

    Thanks for playing and joining our Feb Linky Party.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  19. How sweet! I love the image you chose, and all the gorgeous flowers, ribbons, and papers that coordinate. What a nice taste of Spring! Thanks for joining the Linky Party at Crafty Secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love this vintage image!! such an adorable card. thanks for playing at party time tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is stunning, Karen! I love that image and your card is just fantastic. I am a fellow homeschool mom, but I am down to my last child, and he's 14+...so the light is at the end of the tunnel now. ;) I have more time to create these days! Best wishes! Thanks for playing along in the Crafty Secrets Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.