Monday, June 29, 2015

A Color Challenge at The Kraft Journal

This week at The Kraft Journal, we're having a fun Color Challenge using three GREAT colors - RED, WHITE and BLUE.  I chose to create a fun card for this color challenge, and  I used LOTS of great Kraft Outlet products to make it.  I started with a Light Brown Kraft Note Card as my base, and topped that with a coordinating piece of Light Kraft Cover Weight Card Stock and some patterned papers.  I hand cut a star into one of the papers and added some red, white, blue and silver sequins.  Then, I added a stamped sentiment to a piece of Light Kraft Cover Weight Card Stockand finished my card by tying several lengths of lovely Black Baker's Twine around it, and into a bow. 
As some of you already know, our middle daughter is getting married in July.  I'll be on a short break this summer from designing at The Kraft Journal; but my dear friend, the talented Stephanie Wright, will be filling in for me.  You will LOVE the sweet cards she shares with you, and I really hope that you will stop by her blog, Steph's Scrap Happenings, to welcome and encourage her.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and God bless the USA!
Karen

6 comments:

  1. such a wonderful, patriotic card, Karen! how fun to create both a banner AND shaker card!

    you will most certainly be missed as you help your daughter get ready for her big day. have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card in Red White and Blue, I love how you expressed your love for America. I love playing along in this challenge and others as well.

    Have a wonderful time
    God Bless
    Hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a Pretty Card! LOVE the Sequins! :) Have a Crafty Day!

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how gorgeous Karen - love the shaker element.!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, red, white and blue. I love the stars and sequins, Karen. I wanted to stop by and tell you how much I enjoy your comments when you visit my blog. I love your sincere thoughts and appreciate your visits. Wishing your family the best and you celebrate your daughter's marriage....and happy 4th of July! See you when you return.

    ReplyDelete