Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Shabby Country Cards for RRR

Hello, all my ribbon-loving friends!  I'm so glad that you've stopped by today for a little bit of ribbony inspiration.  I'm really hoping that my shabby cards will motivate all of YOU to pull out some old patterned papers and make a card that's dripping in ribbon and flowers.  With the help of Really Reasonable Ribbon, you're SURE to end up with something beautiful.  Here's what I did with some older papers and embellishments I had on hand.  Really Reasonable Ribbon's amazing ribbons, trims and flowers made these cards SHINE!
To be perfectly honest, the card itself is nothing special.  It's a piece of paper that's been inked, and has a stamped sentiment on a piece of kraft paper.  Honestly, that's IT!  The rest of that cuteness is ALL 100% Really Reasonable Ribbon.
First, I ran a length of the GORGEOUS shabby Natural Burlap Trim that I ripped into strips up the left side of my card.  Next, I added small lengths/bows of Burlap Center Stitch BrownWheat Stripe Baker's Twine, and Solid Wheat Twine.  On top of all those gorgeous Really Reasonable Ribbon trims, I added some sweet leaves and flowers including a Brown Mulberry Leave, a Two-Tone Yellow Open Rose, a Chocolate Brown Open Rose, and an Ivory/Pale Pink Open Rose.  They're so pretty together, and compliment each other so nicely.
 
My second card uses the same patterned papers, a chipboard frame, and some machine stitching.  Again, nothing special.....until you add the AMAZING products from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  They're truly what makes my cards so much fun.  I used the same trims and embellishments on this card, including the Wheat Stripe Baker's Twine, and Solid Wheat Twine.  I also added another Brown Leaf and some more flowers including a Brown Mulberry Leave, a Two-Tone Yellow Open Rose, a Chocolate Brown Open Rose, and two Ivory/Pale Pink Open Rose.  They're just SO sweet, and they really make your cards become something special.

I encourage you all to treat yourselves to some new ribbons, trims, laces, twines, leaves, flowers and more from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I just know that you will LOVE these sweet products as much as I do.  And you can take some ordinary papers, and make them into something special.  We'd also love to have you stop by and play along in our current Orange/Autumn Challenge.

I'm playing along this week at Simon Says Stamp, and I really want to win!  LOL  I'm sharing in a couple of challenges, actually.

Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

Papertake Weekly - Take Your Pick.  For this particular challenge and these cards, I picked to follow the Distress Inks theme.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut.  I love distressing the edges of my cards with distress inks, and do it almost ALL the time.

Thanks for visiting!
Karen

7 comments:

  1. These are just gorgeous! Love both sentiments! And yes, I certainly see how the bundle of ribbons really spruced up these simple cards. AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you use all the differing ribbons to create wonderful texture and colour on these beautiful cards Karen
    Blessing
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love-love-love these cards! I think it's the neutral colors. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Karen, I love the jute texture - gorgeous work.
    Thanks for joining in with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week!
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Gosh... they're both so pretty! LOVE them!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. trop joli, le mélange kraft et les couleurs douces sont si belle, biz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of volunteers
    and starting a new initiative in a community in the same
    niche. Your blog provided us beneficial information to work on.
    You have done a outstanding job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.