Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Saying Thank You

Sometimes simply saying "thank you" to someone just isn't enough.  There are times when you feel like you really need to do something more.  Those are the times when I like to send a card, and often times even tuck a little gift card inside.  That's one of the reasons why I LOVE these little mini bags so much.  They look super cute on the front of your cards, and you can tuck a gift card right inside them.  This one is going to a friend who went WAY above and beyond what was needed, and I really want to express my gratitude.
I started with a Lunch Bag Kraft Note Card and attached a coordinating machine stitched woodgrain patterned paper to that, and then I topped it with a woodgrain miniature bag from JilliBean Soup that I picked up at Michaels.  Inside the miniature woodgrain mini bag, I tucked a little journalling card so that I write a little note when I tuck the gift card inside.  Next, I embellished it with a Miniature Grungy Prim Tag that I hand stamped with a "thanks" stamp from my stash.  I attached it with a gold glittered Tiny Wooden Clothespin for some bling.  I also attached a cute little Crate Paper toothpick tag accent for a bit more "bling".  I tied several lengths of Brown Baker's Twine around my card, some vintage scotch tape, and also attached a wooden thank you sentiment flag.

All these elements I used are part of a fun new challenge blog I found called Stamping Smiles Designs which is a fun new Tic-Tac-Toe based challenge blog.  They're just getting started, and are holding a Design Team Call.  So, if this is up your alley; you really might want to consider stopping by to apply for Ka's new Design Team.  Ka wants to implement stamping into her challenges, so I did use a stamped sentiment on my tag.  Stamping always adds something special in my opinion.  I'm sure that if you have any questions about the DT requirements, she would be happy to answer them for you.  She's just looking for a great group of enthusiastic stampers/crafters who can help promote this FUN new challenge blog.  Sounds like fun, right?

I'm entering my card in the following challenges, and I hope that you will play along as well.


City Crafter Challenge Blog - Challenge #284 - Getting Into The Wood.  I just LOVE the woodgrain paper and bag I've used.  It gives such a homespun look to the card.

Stamp and Create Challenge Blog - Brown and/or Kraft - Well, I used both.  They look great together!  I absolutely LOVE this challenge blog.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Wrap It Up - I've wrapped it with twine, and created a pocket for gift-giving.  Perfect challenge!  And.....I've used May Arts Ribbons.

Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday Linky Party - Anything Goes

Have a very blessed and creative week,
Karen

13 comments:

  1. What a cute thank you card. You are so creative with all your little elements. Going to check out your challenge sites next - always on the look out for more challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely. What a good idea of yours... and it looks so good as well.
    Love all that 'wood' everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. superbe, très sobre mais quel élégance, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Karen. Thank you so much for your interest and applying for my design team! Your card is so sweet! Not sure if this is intended for a masculine card, but I love the masculine look and feel to your card! I also love the fun embellishments you used. You are so sweet to create this for your friend! Your friend will absolutely love it! And thank you for the kind words about my new challenge blog! I hope you'll definitely come back to play again when our official challenge kicks off on January 1st! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, what an amazing thank you card! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P-E-R-F-E-C-T! You sure know how to nail a theme. And it'stunning. I love that pocket and the idea of adding an extra sweet note to tuck in. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a gorgeous project Karen - this is a fabulous way to say thanks.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did it beautifully. Thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a terrific card for your friend! Beautifully done and perfect for our challenge! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What is not to like about this amazing creation! I love the wood look and that clothes pin is fabulous - you always do the most amazing work my friend - have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the earthy colours and texture on your pocket card. Love it Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Wrap it Up Wednesday Challenge.
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such fun detail and elements, Karen. Good Luck!! Tracie - Creations For Kindness

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.