Sunday, January 10, 2016

Decorative Gift Bag/Card

Yesterday was the strangest day for me.  I'm not accustomed to be alone, but I spent almost the entire day by myself.  I didn't quite know what to do with myself.  I did the dishes and the laundry, and took care of a few other household chores.  And you can only watch SO much television before it gets old.  So, of course I found myself in the craft room creating.  I wasn't really sure what I was going to make, but just started playing around with my supplies.  This is what I came up with.
I used a Middy Bitty Bag from Really Reasonable Ribbon and to that, I added a card (I guess you could say),  The card part was created with some old Pink Paislee patterned paper, a scrap of vintage sheet music, cream seam binding, machine stitching, a vintage button in the center of my bow, a Crate Paper glitter chipboard frame and Crate Paper tassels.  The little sentiment inside the glittered frame is from Crafty Secrets Summertime Vintage Image and Journal Book.  I was really sad to hear that their sweet blog has closed.
I am linking this project in the following challengs I found where it fits the theme:

Cut It Up Challenge Blog - Challenge #87 - New Beginnings/Decorate A Paper Bag - I decorated a Middy Bitty Bag so that I could tuck a gift inside.  The die-cut I used is from Frantic Stamper (the word LOVE at the bottom).

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Something New" - I used my new "love" die-cut and Crate Paper supplies.

Little Scrap Pieces - Saturday Linky Party

I'm so grateful to have you stop by and take a peek at my project.  Thanks for visiting, and have a blessed week.

Karen





10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's so pretty, and a really sweet image. I love the patterned papers you used.

      Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our New Beginnings - Decorate a Paper Bag challenge!

      Evelyn
      http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

      Delete
  2. Thank so much for stopping by to play Paru's Card Making Challenges Karen.
    I just love the idea of using the paper bag..and the vintage image is adorable!
    Please could you display the challenge logo in your sidebar please? You will find it in the right sidebar of my challenge blog.
    Thanks dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karen this is beautiful - love it, and it is so pretty with the tassels and bow.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very gorgeous, Karen! This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! All the different colors, textures and patterns. Fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty!!! Love the adorable image and pretty papers you used!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous gift bag Karen, the vintage image is adorable and I love all of the details, very pretty :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.