Friday, February 26, 2016

Making Friends at Cre8tive Hands Friends

God has blessed me with so many fabulous blog friends since I first started blogging in January of 2011.  The very first person to EVER follow my blog (besides myself....LOL) was a blog friend named Ardilla.  I've always remembered Ardilla, and been so grateful to her for taking a chance on me and becoming my first blog follower, and we've kept in touch.  So, when she told me that her good friend, Michelle, was starting a new digi company and challenge blog called Cre8tive Hands Friends; and that she needed some design help to get started, I was all in.  I'm always in for helping people get started.  Michelle sent me a few of her sweet new digis, and I got started designing with them right away.  I ended up creating this shaker card using one of the cute glow bugs.  And please remember, dear friends, I don't claim to be a digi wizard by any means whatsoever.
I used some patterned papers, a chipboard frame, blue and yellow sequins, a stamped image, and then the cute little bug.  I printed him off on white cardstock (mistake) and colored him all in the best I could.  Next, I tried cutting out his body (which went smoothly enough) until I got to his poor little antennaes.  OK.....so I will be the first to admit that I struggle with digital images.  I couldn't cut around those fine lines in his cute antennaes, and I inadvertantly ended up chopping off his poor antannae on one side, and piecing it back together.  Let's just say that the larger bug had "antennae surgery"....LOL so please don't look too closely.  (tee hee)   On the smaller bug, I just kept his antennaes attached and saved some of the white space.  Those who have more experience with digital images will do better than I did.  They sure are cute images.
Well, here's some of the exciting news about Cre8tive Hands Friends.  Not only do they have super cute images available, but they are also starting to hold challenges where you can all play along, and you're NOT required to use their images to join in the fun.  They just want to build awareness, and get people LIKE YOU to stop by and play along.  So, I really hope you will take the time to acquaint yourself with Michelle's new company, Cre8tive Hands Friends and say hello - just give it a chance.
I'm a new Cre8tive Hands Friend, and I really hope that you will stop by and become a Cre8ive Hands Friend as well.   Although I couldn't commit to being on the DT full-time, I was happy to help out as a Guest Designer.  However, if YOU are looking for a DT position, Michelle is looking for a few more new artists to join her in this journey.  Thanks so much for stopping by, friends!

I'm sharing my buggy card here:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Anything Goes"

Blessings,
Karen


6 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card, thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cute card and a lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Karen, une jolie fraîcheur, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Karen. Thanks for letting me know about the new blog. Cute card. Chop off the antennae next time. It's easier. ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute images Karen, and I love how you have used them. I have used digi's quite a bit, and prefer to use chalks or coloured pencils when colouring them.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little card! Love it Karen!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.