Wednesday, March 23, 2016

A "Mountain of Trouble"

I knew I was in trouble when I learned about the Mountain Fold Challenge taking place over at Mark's Finest Papers.  Those who know me best are well aware that I rarely try anything new, but I was really encouraged to give this one a try.  I need to spread my wings a bit more (so to speak) in the crafting world.  I'm glad I gave it a try.  This is what I came up with:
I used Emma's Shoppe from Crate Paper, which is my all-time favorite line ever.  It's a precious commodity now, and I had to order more of it (get this.....from both Australia and the UK).  I now have enough of it that I don't have to hoard it for the rest of my life.  I used several of the patterned papers from this lovely line, a green brad (inside the tag that I tucked in the pocket), stickers from this line (as well as one from October Afternoon), the "so very" stamp is from PTI and the other stamps are all from another shop I don't care to mention because the shop owner doesn't appreciate me "sprinkling my religion" on my blog posts, which I will ALWAYS do!  I wrapped my card with a super sweet wide pink and cream gingham ribbon from my stash, added a small baker's twine bow and button to gather the ribbon, and then I machine stitched it all together.  I know, there's a lot going on here.
I love making pocket cards so that you can tuck in a tag (as I've shown here) and also so that I can add a gift card when I give it to someone.  I just LOVE all the soft, sweet pastel colors because they make me think of Spring and they're just so uplifting and fun.
I will be sharing my Mountain Fold card in a few challenges, and I hope that you will be sure to play along as well.  It's always more fun when everyone joins in the fun.  I also love how the stamped sentiments worked together and really added something sweet and worked so well on the little journalling stickers, as well as on the tag.

I'd really appreciate hearing YOUR thoughts on this card.  It's not often that I try new things, so I'm like a child who needs encouragement.  LOL  I see so many amazing folds, techniques and ideas on other crafts' blogs, but I rarely take the time to actually give them a try.

Mark's Finest Papers - Challenge #12 - Layered Mountain Fold Card - I tried my very best to follow the tutorial.  The first photo best shows the mountain fold; and Heaven knows I used plenty of layers...LOL.  This was a true "challenge" for me, and I've really missed playing along at MFP.

Choux Choux Paper Art - Challenge #5 - Easter/Spring - This card is definitely a celebration of Spring.  I just love all the fun, bright pastel colors and floral paper.

Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Theme: Springtime - I love using bright, fun pastel colors and floral paper to help celebrate Spring.

Craftin' Desert Divas - Photo Inspiration - These are the beautiful colors of Spring, and I really enjoyed using them in my project.

Fun Cuts - "Q" Is For Quad - Use four of something - I used FOUR different patterned papers on my card.  I used yellow gingham, a floral print, green print background, and a green floral on the tag.  I enjoy mixing patterned papers.

Thanks so much for visiting me today, and please stop back by again soon.  I'm always so very grateful for your visiits to my blog.  May God bless your week, everyone.  Whatever mountains you have to climb, may God always guide and bless you along the way.

Hugs,
Karen

15 comments:

  1. magique comme toujours Karen, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you choose to share this beautiful work at MFPSS Love the colors and also your presentation Do come back next week Good luck <<<<Lis DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen this is a beautiful card creation! I am so happy you tried the tutorial and entered the MFPSS challenge #12 - nice work and best wishes on winning the prize - Gail SR DT MFPSS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card; love the design. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Stamps Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on challenging yourself with this fold, and it's a fabulous result Karen - this is so pretty.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooooooooooooooo adorable Karen....:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pocket/tag card - gorgeous papers and ribbon! So glad you linked it to my Easter/Spring Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card! I'd never heard of a mountain fold before, so I clicked over to MFP and looked at the tutorial. The papers are gorgeous, and I completely understand why you order them from all over the world. Please do continue to share your faith on your blog posts; it's something I appreciate and admire!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What tender loving care went into this lovely card! Stunning! Thanks for joining us at MFP Stamps Challenge!
    hugs,
    Pam
    MFPSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooo beautiful Karen. Adore the mix of design papers which makes it beautifully feminine and the scrumptious bow brings the design together wonderfully.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Karen! I hope you are well. What a beautiful card you have created! I have never tried that fold before, I will have to try. I love the sweet papers that you used and the sweet little canning jar! I didn't post for a few months because my beloved cat of 14 passed away unexpectedly. I was devastated, she was my baby, my best friend. She would not leave my side when I was recovering from my surgeries.I really miss her.
    I have a beautiful new granddaughter, her name is Ruby and she is 8 months old now. You can see her photos on my blog. Also some exciting news about my son-in-law, the Governor of the state of Florida appointed him Judge. We are so proud of him. He has wanted this for a long time.
    I hope you have a wonderful Easter! Please keep in touch.
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Karen! Just loving the colors and layers! I just wanted to stop by to say Thank you for leaving such lovely comments on my blog it is really appreciated. Hugs Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is sooo AMAZING !!! Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin' Desert Divas !!
    Hugs&Blessings ,
    Mayra DTM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us for the Mod Squad Challenge this week. Hope to see you again soon.

    Peggy T.
    Mod Squad DT Member

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.