Thursday, March 31, 2016

Sweet Emma's Shoppe

None of you who have ever been to my blog before would be surprised to hear me talk about Crate Paper, and my all-time favorite line, Emma's Shoppe.  This is, in my humble opinion, the cutest line ever.  And in light of the fact that I've made purchases of this sweet collection from various stores in the United States, Australia, and now the United Kingdom; you can be sure that you will be seeing a lot of this on my blog.  I love creating with it, and I don't think I could ever grow tired of using it.  The colors in this line are simply luscious, and the chipboard, stickers and other pieces of this line are all equally as sweet.
For this first card, I was inspired by a card that Ashley Cannon-Newell created several years ago for Papertrey Ink.  The button card is a PTI die-cut, and the button stamps are also PTI.  The mini tag hanging from the rusty pear-shaped safety pin is also a PTI die-cut called Tiny Tags, and was stamped with a PTI stamp set called Tiny Tags.  I included a white doily, a Mimosa Yellow Seam Binding bow with a Making Memories button.  Each of the flowers on the button card were hand-made using PTI wool felt and either my scissors or my pinking sheers, and I placed little pearl accent stickers in the centers of each one.
If you want to learn how to make these hand-rolled wool felt flowers, I do have a tutorial on it from a few years back.  You just cut a circle of felt, and then cut the circle round and round in a thin strip using either scissors (for the round ones) or pinking shears (for the jagged ones), and then you glue them as you roll them into flowers.  It's fairly easy, and they're super cute (I think).
My second card uses patterned papers from Emma's Shoppe as well as chipboard and stickers.  I also added in some October Afternoon sticers, vintage lace, a stamped sentiment, and machine stitching.  I placed the card on a kraft note card.
The chpboard has so many cute pieces, and the patterned papers are just as sweet.  I especially love the vintage feel it lends to my projects and how I can incorporate other lines and companies with it.  I don't think it would be humanly possible to make anything with Emma's Shoppe that isn't adorable.  The machine stitching on these papers was a great choice.

These are the challenges where my card fits the theme, and....where I LOVE playing along:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday's March Challenge - Pastels

Thanks again for stopping by.  I appreciate your visit as well as your comments, and I look forward to visiting your blog to see what you've created this week.  I hope that you are having a wonderfully blessed week, my creative friends.

Karen

3 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!! Your use of buttons and vintage images are AWESOME! Love these so much, Karen! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE what you did with the button card -- using felt flowers in place of the buttons! I'll be pinning this for future reference! As always your creations are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. J'adore, quelle jolie inspiration, j'aime bien ces petits boutons plein de charme, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.