Thursday, April 14, 2016

Bless Your Little Heart

I've been working with my Crate Paper products for so many projects now that I've somehow forgotten my poor, neglected October Afternoon goodies that were tucked away in my hoosier.  For some reason, they were calling to me this morning and I pulled them out to create this little card.  I knew that I wanted to use this GORGEOUS red and white Houndstooth Ribbon from this month's ribbon assortment at Really Reasonable Ribbon, and I knew that I'd have just the right papers in my October Afternoon stash to put with it. This is actually one piece of patterned paper, but I used both sides of it so that they'd compliment one another and match perfectly.
I cut a small panel of the polka dot paper and glued it towards the bottom, and machine stitched it into place to secure it.  Then, I added a strip of the red and white Houndstooth Ribbon and tied a nice big bow with it.  I also added an October Afternoon journalling card and sticker.  Then, I attached some Mulbery Flowers to the sticker, and also tucked in a small red tag and a milk cap from October Afternoon.  The stamped sentiment (bless your heart) is an old favorite of mine, and the red stamped hearts are a sneak peek from Simon Says Stamp's brand new My Favorite stamp set which will be released April 21.
With fingers crossed (once again), here's where I'm linking my card:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge Blog says "Let's Do The Polka" - I used some sweet red and white polka dot patterned paper and gave a sneak peek of a new Simon Says Stamp set (My Favorite) being released April 21 (small red hearts).

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge Blog says "April Showers Bring May Flowers" - I always love using flowers on my projects.  We wouldn't have flowers without the rain, so let's always remember to be grateful despite the weather.

Thanks for visiting, and have a blessed week.

Karen

10 comments:

  1. Karen, I've enjoyed seeing your work for several years now. Sometimes I recognize your style before I see your name under a linked card. It was lovely to see that my card on Word Art Wednesday was one of the top three this week. I'd be pleased to have one of the top 3 badges. You can email me vodell2@aol.com or follow the link to my blog. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mix of red patterns against the aqua---so old-fashioned looking and sweet! Would love to see a photo of your Hoosier cabinet "in action".

    I also wish to express my thanks for the envelope of goodies from WAW. The Kraft Outlet seam binding is lovely and will be so much fun to use. Thanks for the pretty coral buttons and fun stamps you tucked in, too. I am REALLY looking forward to some fun crafting time after pressing through some upcoming deadlines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully crafted Love the homespun feel and use of elements! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Let’s Do the Polka” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for inviting me to look at your blog your work is beautiful I am now a follower and thank you for giving me that other challenge to enter if you are looking for a Anything Goes challenge I run a challenge where your can enter with any image or project http://coloritcreateitshowitoff.blogspot.com.au/
    Hope to see you there :) and I will add your challenges to a list for my dt to enter them thanks again Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen,
    I absolutely love the gorgeous Houndstooth ribbon!!The Mulberry Flowers are so pretty!A beautiful creation my friend!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous design, love these papers with your addition of the stitching and fab bow.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, this is adorable! Your ribbon is perfect for this farm country card! I love your cow stamp and the receipt paper! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card Karen - love the colours and that fabulous bow!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is fantastic! I absolutely adore the "country chic" vibe that it has and thought you were so clever to go with a grocery/milk theme! And that color palette is so fresh and original! The texture you created with the ribbon looks fabulous and it came together perfectly. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.