Saturday, April 30, 2016

Our Sweet Family with RRR

Hey there, everyone!  I'm posting today for Really Reasonable Ribbon, and I'm so grateful that you've stopped by.   I'm sharing a sweet paper bag mini album I created using lots of great trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  Paper bag albums are easy and fun.  This album has many pages, and I only shared on the RRR Blog the pages of my album that include ribbon.  However, hold on to your hat because I'm posting them ALL here on my blog.
This is the cover of my album.  As you can see.....I put a big red rose on the cover.  This is actually a Wild Orchid Crafts 40mm Tea Rose from the Mixed Reds Collection, and is one of the darker reds in the selection.  All the roses in this package are just SO sweet.  It made the perfect accent to the cover of my album, and they come in several color assortments.
I added some sweet little ephemera pieces from Jilli Bean Soup (milk cap), an October Afternoon sticker with Melissa Frances rub-on (family), and the sweet wooden embroidery hood is from Crate Paper.  I set a doily in the center of the embroidery hoop, added some sequins, letter stickers, and a chipboard "family" sentiment.
Above you will see the first page of my mini album.  It has no ribbon (insert sad face), but it has patterned papers, machine stitching, a scalloped die-cut border, an October Afternoon date sticker, a remember ephemera from Jilli Bean Soup, and a 3-D heart from Crate Paper.  Everything in this album is from Crate Paper's Farmhouse line.
This is the second page of my mini album.  I added a smaller envelope to the middle of my album (giving me a total of four additional pages/sides to decorate) which is slightly smaller/shorter than my paper bag album, so I had to use a paper clip to hold the pages while photographing.  This second page (which is the first page of the inner envelope - does that make sense....LOL) has some sweet Gold Metallic Baker's Twine that is wrapped several times around a small wooden jar.  Baker's twine is just a great way to add an extra touch to something and kick it up a notch.
Page three (above) includes a doily, stickers, Melissa Frances rub-on (heritage), a chipboard (notes) piece, a photo space, and a die-cut felt flower and leave.  Inside the felt flower, I added a chipboard button and I threaded some Blue Solid Baker's Twine through the holes of the button.  It really made the chipboard button POP!
Here is page four of my mini album (above).  This is my personal favorite page of the album because of all the cute chipboard pieces.  No.....there's no ribbon on this page, but I had the leave some photo mats somewhere, right friends?
And this is a close-up of page four.  Yes, I'm a little bit over-obsessed with the chipboard elements on this page.  I also included a Tim Holtz card (family), some washi tapes, and an October Afternoon date sticker.
This (above) is actually page five of the mini album, but it happens to be the next page that has Really Reasonable Ribbon on it (or any ribbon for that matter - I wouldn't use anything else).  I ran a long length of the Solid Red Baker's Twine around the left-hand side of my card and tied it into a hanging knot.
The really nice thing about using paper bags to create albums is that they come with built in pockets (the inside flaps of the bags themselves), so you get an automatic place to store photos, tuck in some journalling, etc.  I created this tag for one of the pockets and tied it with the AWESOME 2 1/2" Cotton Blend Plain Ribbon.  You may also notice that I tied the mini album shut with this same 2 1/2" Cotton Blend Plain Ribbon.  This has become one of my most favorite trims at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  It can be very easily ripped/torn into narrower strips giving it many more uses; and I just LOVE the shabby looks it lends to my projects.
Here is page six - the final page of my album (other than the boring back side of the album which I didn't photograph, but you can see in some of the photos).  I added a journalling spot, left room for a photograph, added some ruler paper, a PTI decorative border trim, and a length of Debra Natural Crochet Lace on the right-hand side of my page.

Really Reasonable Ribbon has so many great ribbons, trims, laces, flowers, leaves and more that will enhance all your projects.  I encourage you to stop by today and do some shopping.  We'd also love to have you play along in our FUN CHALLENGE that's taking place now on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog.

I'm linking my album to these fun challenges:

Simon Says Stamp - Work it Wednesday - Use Flowers

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

Happy ribbony crafting, everyone!
Karen



8 comments:

  1. A lovely album - makes me want to create another one - I just might do that! TFS Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're mini album is gorgeous!!!! I've never made a paper bag album, but have always wanted too. You've pushed me a little closer to my goal, especially since I have this very same paper line that you made yours with. :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I can't seem to figure out a way to private message you/email you. but I won top honors over at your blog word art wednesday, and would love to recieve the badge to display on my blog. Also, you left a comment on my blog asking about where to get the acrylic clear scrap albums, and I left a link there for you. I'm sorry to leave this in a message, but I'm still learning the ropes of bloggy land. :) Thanks for all your encouragement, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mini is simply beautiful!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello Karen! this is gorgeous...I am luvin the stunning red flower! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous mini album, Karen. You really are the best at making these sweet little albums to store family memories. I'm definitely going to give this a try.
    Sierra
    www.sierrasgift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Karen this is beautiful - love all your accents and embellishments.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.