Friday, May 6, 2016

......sew adorable

Every now and then as I'm surfing through some of my favorite blogs, I see a card that inspires me to pull out an old line and create something with it.  Such was the case when I saw a card by Melissa Phillips on Emma's Paper Blog, and I completely changed just about everything in it.  Yet, it completely inspired me.  I didn't need to make this card, and don't quite know why I did to be perfectly honest.  It will still in my stash until it's needed or sold.  Nonetheless, I haed a good time making it.
I used some old Simple Stories patterned papers, a Kaiser Craft woden dress form, ephemera from JilliBean Soup (sold ticket), a stamped sentiment on inked cream cardstock using a banner die-cut, two October Afternoon journalling cards, seam binding, and a button in the center.  I also tied some ribbon around the bodice of the dress form, and attached a small pink flower to its side.
I'm sharing my card here:

Die Cuttin' Divas Challenge Blog - Challenge #264 - May Sketch Challenge - I used the various tags and journalling cards to follow the sketch when setting up the layout of my card.  My sentiment is stamped on a die-cut banner that I cut from cream cardstock.

Thanks for visiting my blog.  Have a great week, and happy crafting!

Karen




11 comments:

  1. Wow! What a beautiful card! Love the dress form and all the embellishments!
    Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin Divas this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First I want to wish you a very Happy Mother's Day tomorrow. Your card is wonderful I love that veneer figure and all your special touches.

    God Bless
    Hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card brought back fond memories of my mother who was a dress maker and seamstress among other things. Excellent. Love the card.

    Hugs and Blessings,

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really pretty! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.


    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love how you've featured the wooden dress form, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Karen - love the dress form and the sold ticket. This actually looks CAS, but there are loads of detail in it.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card!! Love the pretty dress form!!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! I love your colors and the texture... gorgeous!

    Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin Diva's
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks awesome! Thank you for joining our “May Sketch” Challenge at Die Cuttin’ Divas.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •
    Die Cuttin’ Diva DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.