Thursday, June 23, 2016

Together

Hello, friends!  As I make this post, I am enjoying time with BFF of 45 years.  We spent the day antiquing (I found several treasures), garage sale"ing", and doing some card-making as well.  I created this card using October Afternoon's lovely Farmhouse line.  Lots of patterned papers, a chipboard bird and sentiment, some natural jute, little paper flowers and a small green paper leaf, a small crocheted ivory doily, and the coordinating OA sticker for the journalling spot and two stick pins.  I'm using this card for my daughter, Andrea's, bridal shower that will take place this weekend up in Duluth at my Mom's house.
I'm not sure if you can see it in the photos of my card,; but I used some sparkly Stickles on the "clothes lines" that are printed on the patterned paper.  These aren't the greatest photos, but I didn't have great lighting when I took them.  Please remember, I'm not at home so I have to improvise.  I did take a close-up so that you could get a closer look.
I'm sharing my card in these challenges that I love:

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge:  "Simon Says Use Patterned Papers" - This card uses three different October Afternoon patterned papers.

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge:  "Simon Says Add Some Shimmer" - As I explained above, I used some shimmery Stickles on my card (on the clothes lines).  I also added a little extra shimmer with my stick pins.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely textural card Karen - and yes although I did not see the sparkle, I could see that there was stickles used on this gorgeous creation.
    What a fabulous time you must be having with your BFF!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, your card is so pretty! Have fun at the shower and enjoy the time with your friend! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a darling card, love the cute birdy. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, your card is just adorable. I have an aunt that has a "thing" for chickadees so she would LOVE your creation! Enjoy your time with your friend just did some of that last night too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! Nothing like life long friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card, Karen. Thanks for inviting me to the challenges you suggested. I actually won something!!!! Hope you are having fun with your friend.
    Sierra
    www.sierrasgift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superbe, quelle poésie et quel charme, biz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.