Friday, July 8, 2016

Bingo

Today was another one of those "dangerous days" for me where I had entirely too much time on my hands.  So after I tied up some loose ends, did laundry, and all that good stuff; rather than eat ice cream, I decided that I would go to my craft room and get creative.  For some strange reason, I've been wanting to use a Bingo card lately; so I decided that no matter what I made I would somehow work it in to my project.  The Bingo card I used is from October Afternoon as are the patterned papers.  I also added a white doily, and a Crate Paper chipboard frame that I tied some baker's twine around and tied into a bow.  Then, I added two layered felt hearts to the center of the frame that I cut using a Papertrey Ink Heart Prints die-cut set and wool felt from Taylored Expressions in Red Hot and Aqua Mist.  For the finishing touch, I placed a sparkly little sequin in the middle of the smallest heart.
This is one of my favorite color combinations (Red and Aqua Mist) because it lends an old-fashioned feel that compliments the bingo card.  All things soft, retro, and with great textures tend to intrigue me.  I had a lot of fun creating this card.  The sentiment is stamped in black onto a little OA journalling sticker.  Here's a closer look at the center of my card.
I'm going to be linking this card to a few challenges where I love playing along:



Taylored Expressions:  Share Joy Challenge #43 - Tic-Tac-Toe/Sketch - I chose to use the Tic-Tac-Toe board and I chose straight up and down the middle with Baker's Twine, Red, and Felt.  I used Red Hot felt and Aqua Mist felt.  I love playing along in these challenges.  I'm going to mail this card to my precious niece, Audranna, in Minnesota just to remind her how very much she is loved.


Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I hope you're having a wonderful week.  Get ready for an AWESOME weekend.


Karen

5 comments:

  1. Karen, this is a great card. Love all your embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and its sweet vintage look. The slide frame is a great focal point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Karen - love those soft colours.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely card and I adore the embellishments you've used, they work so well together! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.