Friday, September 16, 2016

Things With Wings Challenge at RRR

It's time for a FUN new challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon, and this time our challenge theme is Things With Wings.  You can use an airplane, a bird, or any other winged creature or object you can imagine.  And you're welcome to share ANY type of art; whether it's a card, a scrapbook page, mixed media, home decor, etc.  You name it, and you're more than welcome to enter it into our challenge as long as it follows the challenge theme and meets one simple criteria.....it must include ribbon or some type of spooled trim.
I created two very simple cards using some October Afternoon Farmhouse products.  My first card includes these OA patterned papers that I inked on the edges with Hickory Smoke Tim Holtz Distress Ink, ephemera (circles, roundish shapes, and butterflies that I outlined with gold Stickles), and an OA button.  I also included some vintage tickets, and I wrapped my card with a nice long length of Gray Baker's Twine (currently out of stock), and I also tied it though the center of my button and tied a bow with it.  Using Baker's Twine is a great way to add a small touch of ribbon/trim without overwhelming your design.
It adds just that right touch of texture and embellishment to your card.  And here's even better news.....Baker's Twine is SUPER affordable at just $1.00 per 10-yard cut.  Yup, that's right!  Just $0.10 per yard, and Really Reasonable Ribbon carries 38 gorgeous varieties of Baker's Twine so you're sure to find all the perfect shades for every project.  And you can get them ALL without spending a small fortune.  Really Reasonable Ribbon has LOTS of great ribbons and trims at fabulously low prices to adorn all your creations.
My second card uses all the same products (October Afternoon Farmhouse) including the patterned papers, stickers, ephemera circles, sentiment sticker (with a Melissa Frances CONGRATS rub-on), bird sticker, and to finish the card, I added a Jenni Bowlin True Vintage milk cap, and an OA brown button that I tied with Brown Sugar Baker's Twine.  I also tied the Brown Sugar Baker's Twine around my card twice, and tied it into a knot to create two bows underneath the button.  You can see, once again, how this one simple trim adds so much texture and life to my simple card.
Don't forget to stop by the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog to play along in this FUN new challenge, and each day for lots of great inspiration.  We love to inspire you with OUR creations, and we love to see YOUR sweet creations linked to our challenges.  Really Reasonable Ribbon wants to be YOUR first source for ribbons, trims, twines, mulberry flowers, and so much more.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

4 comments:

  1. Both cards are lovely, Karen! Great mix of elements and designer papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I just love both of these cards! I always know that if I'm needing to get my vintage design fix for the day, to just stop by your blog and you won't disappoint! The colors and vintage farmhouse touch to these cards is just gorgeous! TFS!
    Blessings,
    Misty D. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely cards Karen - love the touch of bakers Twine on them both - simple but very effective way to introduce texture with out overwhelming the gorgeous papers and empheria.
    Blessings
    MAxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.