Friday, February 17, 2017

Celebrations Challenge at RRR

Welcome by today, everyone!  Today starts a brand new fun challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon, and our theme this time is Celebrations With Ribbon or Trim.  You can make a birthday card, anniversary card, baby card, or anything that means "Celebration" to you.  I chose to make a very simple baby card.
I used subtle patterned papers that I inked, and then I laid a small white doily on the patterned paper.  I'd also like to mention that I tend to use LOTS of Scor-Tape on my cards because it really holds down ribbons well.  By running a strip of Scor-Tape across your card, you can be sure that your card will hold together well over time.  Next. I ran a strip of patterned paper "tickets" across the card.  I topped that with a blue felt elephant cut with a new die from Frantic Stamper called Stitched Elephant and a cute lace border called Large Scalloped Edger Set.  The finishing touch, as most always is for me, is the trim.  I kept it very simple just to show everyone how much one small piece of trim can add to a card.  I folded a length of Ivory Burlap String and glued it down under a piece of "flair" (a little pin) that says Cutie Pie.  That one little piece of Burlap String adds SO much; and this fabulous trim comes in 14 vibrant colors, and costs just ten cents per yard (so you will receive 10 yards for just one dollar).  That's a bargain, and is such a great accent for your projects.  Check it out!
There's lots of great inspiration on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog, and we really do hope you will stop by to play along in this fun new challenge.  Really Reasonable Ribbon wants to be your one-stop shop for ribbons, trims and embellishments.  We look forward to having you visit soon.
Blessings,
Karen

10 comments:

  1. Adorable! My favorite part is the little blue elephant -- extra fun that he's felt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute Karen! Love the felt elephant!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a cutie that die cut elephant is Karen - and so beautifully displayed on the gorgeous card!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card - love the elephant and layout thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a cute little elephant. I thought it was a cluster of buttons at first. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a sweet card, Karen! Love the adorable elephant cut from felt & I agree--Score Tape is the best for ribbon!
    So, so, sorry to hear about your folk's little Schnauzer. Never easy, no matter how old a furbaby is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love that adorable felt elephant! This is a fab card. Love all the elements you used. Great texture. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this week's Say It With Words Challenge. Hugs Debi TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is just too cute. I like the color choice and the felt elephant is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is too cute! I love that elephant. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Scor-Tape. I need to try that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.