Thursday, June 21, 2018

Bright & Cheerful Anniversary Card

Welcome by, friends!  It's a sunny 103 degrees today here in Las Vegas, and the expected high today is 113.  Yikes!  I'm staying INSIDE for the most part today.  A good day to crank down the air conditioning and do some crafting!
This card was made using some My Mind's Eye and Echo Park patterned papers and vellum.  I machine stitched the card to create a "pocket" and slid lots of pretty sequins under the vellum to match the colors in the papers.  I ran some pink seam binding up the side of my card, and tied it into a bow with some brown seam binding, and added some double-headed stamens and flowers.  The sentiment is stamped on a banner/flag cut using the Sweet Borders Sweet Cuts from Paper Sweeties, and I inked it with Tumbled Glass and Spun Sugar Distress Inks from Tim Holtz.
Please forgive me for not announcing the winner of my coffee die dive-away on Sunday as I planned.  I'm so grateful for all the wonderful comments you left me, and I'm excited to announce that the winner of this love die-cut is Stephanie Wright.

I'm sharing my card in the challenges listed below.  Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my card. Have a blessed week!

Karen


CropStop Challenge Blog - June Linky Party #40 - Anything Goes - I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks and Tombow Adhesive

Dare 2B Artzy - June Challenge: Bright Colors

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge Blog - Challenge #448 - Color Inspiration




8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card with the shaker panel, the stitching and the lovely bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen --Love that vellum pocket with the pretty sequins. That is now on my "must do" list,

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, Karen. I love the vellum layer with the gorgeous sequins underneath. What a pretty card. I really need to try that idea, it's awesome.
    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Karen- I love how you have made the pouch for the shaker/sequin element, and they are so pretty in the matching colours.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Karen! Love your little pocket of sequins. So happy you linked up to Cropstop with this beautiful card! (BTW - we're up to 90 links -- here's hoping we top 100 this month!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ce qu'elle est sympa et joyeuse cette carte Karen, j'adore, biz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colors! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.