Saturday, June 23, 2018

It's The Little Things

Hello!  I'm so glad you're here.  It's always a blessing to me when I learn who has been by to see my art.  So if you're here, I truly hope you will take the time to leave me a thought about my bright card.  My BFF bought me a huge bucket of bright double-head stamens in every color of the rainbow and beyond.  I hadn't used them yet, and they sat up in my cupboard until today when I was inspired to create a "bright" card.  I used lots of cheerful colors for sure....turquoise, hot pink, sunshine yellow, etc.  This should brighten someone's day for sure!
I used a mish mash of patterned papers and machine stitched them together.  The chipboard sentiment is form Echo Park This & That as is the journalling card underneath it.  I inked all the patterned papers with Tim Holtz Distress Inks (as I always tend to do).  Then, for the finishing touches....I added a width of brown seam binding and used that to tie a sweet bow topped with Pink Burlap String, lots of bright double-head stamens, Open Roses, and a few color coordinated stick pins.
Last night I received an email from a friend and she placed an order for Thank You cards.  Needless to say, the inside of this card says......(you guessed it) - Thank You!  Now I'm on a mission to finish all these thank you cards by Sunday evening when I see her.  It's kinda fun to post a card that I created just for fun (as opposed to my regularly scheduled Design Team posts) and I'm excited to be sharing my card in some fun challenges.
Again, I thank you for stopping by.  Have a blessed week, and please stop by again soon.  I'm truly grateful for your visits, your comments, and your valued input.  

Karen

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge Blog: Bright & Cheerful - This was about the most bright and cheerful card I could come up with.  It sure was a lot of fun to make!

Dies R Us - Challenge# 99: Summertime Fun - I hope my bright, cheerful card says Summer to everyone with its sunshine yellow paper and bright accents.   The die-cut I used on this card is a Sunny Studios scalloped border die (from hot pink patterned paper).

ScrapyLand Dies Challenge Blog - Challenge #92:  Anything Goes - I used a Sunny Studios scalloped border die on my card.

Dare 2B Artzy - June Challenge: Bright Colors - These bright Summer colors are so much fun.

CropStop Challenge - June Linky Party #40 - Anything Goes - I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks, May Arts Burlap String, and Tombow Adhesive.

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, Karen! Love the mix of papers and lovely flower/ribbon treatment! Perfect sentiment, too! Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun use of your stamens, I wouldn't have thought of doing that! Love the bright colors of your pretty card!
    I enjoy all the design teams I'm on, but I agree it's fun to create "just for fun" sometime!
    Thanks so much for linking up to Cropstop with this -- only 5 more to go till we reach 100!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so pretty Karen and love the sentiment. (Remember you MUST use at least one metal die on your creation to qualify for the prize). Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Summertime Fun’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Darlene. As explained above in my post, the die I used is from Sunny Studios. It's a scalloped border die and I cut it from hot pink paper, and it's placed under the journalling card towards the top. Thanks, Karen

      Delete
  4. Karen, what a wonderful card! I love how you have mixed the colors and paper pieces. That sentiment is so true and I am glad you got to use your stamens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful thank you card Karen - so cheerful and those flowers, and stamens, are stunning
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, love your gorgeous flowers.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely details on this card! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.