Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone

Well, it's true......most of you who know me and follow my art are well aware that I am a true creature of habit  I don't often step out of my comfort zone and try something new.  However, each time I have stepped out and created something a bit more "outside the box" for me; I end up enjoying it.  While this card is totally unlike anything I would normally create, I will admit that it was a lot of fun to make.
I followed Lexi Daley's Inchies Tutorial pretty much exactly as she did it, and this is what I came up with.  It's not nearly as elaborate at hers, but I gave it my best shot.  I created the paper strips using Lexi's inking technique, but I think my papers bent/warped just a bit from being damp.  The turned up edges give it personality.  I'm sticking with that!  LOL
I used a cute stamp set called Bloomin' Cute from Papertrey Ink to create my "inchies" and my sentiment.  I used LOTS of different ink colors to create all the small flowery images.  I just stamped and adhered each little inchie, stamped my sentiment, and layered the white paper onto a green card stock base in a pale green to match the ink-died paper on which I stamped the inchies.  It was fun to see how the layers of stamped images on the hand-dyed paper gave each individual square a unique look.  I'm going to be sharing my card in the challenges listed below.  I'd love to hear your honest thoughts on this very fun card.  The challenges at Papertrey Ink often help me to create a bit more outside my comfort zone, and that's a good thing, right?

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday - #326 Inchie Elements with Lexi Daly - As described above, I used the Bloomin' Cute stamp set from Papertrey Ink to create my "inchies" and my sentiment. 

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes - I always LOVE to play along at SSS.




7 comments:

  1. wow, I'd never know this was a new technique for you. I like how it turned out. The squares look watercolored, so I'll have to go take a look at that tutorial and see how it was done. Nice card.
    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a good job, Karen, it's interesting to see inchies again! Thanks for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this turned out really pretty - i love the flowers and the colors! hard to imagine that it's outside of your comfort zone. thanks for playing make it monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and technique. Our adventure into something different some times turn out to be a happy medium.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Karen! I love that your inchies are not perfectly flat...that's true watercolor!! The variations in the watercolor make each square unique and I'm loving all those little flowers too! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely design and detailing! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is hard to step out of your comfort spot.. but you did awesome. I do like the raised edges it gives it texture and the cute flowers. at first I thought you die cut a frame but glad you had closer photos to show it's those little inchie squares just adhered down. Love it. hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.