Sunday, September 9, 2018

September Stamping Challenges

Hello, sweet blog friends and thanks for stopping by today.  Those of you who know me best are well aware that I don't create outside of my little comfort zone very often.  However, I've really been trying to do more stamping lately, and....when I saw that September's theme at SSS and other places in the crafting community is stamping in STAMPtember....well, then I knew for sure I had to step out of my comfort zone a bit and do something more fun and adventurous.  I don't do it as often as I should.  This is me pushing myself to not do the same thing all the time.
I used some old favorite October Afternoon patterned papers, and a piece of ribbed green vellum that I free-handed with my scissors to create a mountainous background of sorts.  Then, I used the adorable Happy Harvest Stamp Set from Lawn Fawn to stamp the corn, corn stalks, scarecrow, wagon, pumpkins and sentiment.  I used my Copics to color everything, and I hand-cut all the pieces.  I thought about adding more, but I just decided to stop and not over-think it.  What do you think?  Please be honest, I can take it.
I'll be sharing my card in a few challenges that I'm linking below.  Again, I thank you for visiting me today and for your kind comments.  I always enjoy your visits, and look forward to visiting your blog soon.   Have a blessed and creative day.
Oh, here are those challenges I mentioned....I LOVE playing along.
Karen

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Stamp On It for STAMPtember"
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Stamp On It for STAMPtember"


Lawn Fawnatics Challenge - Challenge #36 (See Challenge Badge and Inspiration Mood Board Below) - I used the adorable Happy Harvest Stamp Set from Lawn Fawn to create my card.  I was inspired by all the rich Autumn colors (oranges, reds) and the blue sky, green grass, and all the elements of Fall.
Simon Says Stamp Blog - SSS Celebrates STAMPtember With Lawn Fawn - As I mentioned above, it's STAMPtember and I'm happy to enter this fun challenge that celebrates Lawn Fawn, stamping and Simon Says Stamp.  I used the adorable Happy Harvest stamp set from Lawn Fawn to crete my Autumn card.

6 comments:

  1. You did good for being out of your comfort zone - I have that stamp set - I will be using it this week! TFS - I wish you a great win from one of these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Karen - you did well to stop when you did, as the rustic theme does not need anything more added. Love your 'mountains'!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card, the scarecrow is adorable and love the pumpkins. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your harvest scene card, fab scarecrow.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really beautiful card. It's my favorite Lawn Fawn stamp set and you did a great job creating a card with it. Thanks for sharing your projects with us at Lawn Fawnatics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is SOOOOO cute!! the details on the pumpkins are seriously AMAZING!!! wow!! <3 thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.