Friday, July 19, 2019

A Taste of Christmas In July

Yes, I realize it's the  middle of July; but I really wanted to make a Christmas card (or two).  When I saw that there was a whole lot of fun going on over at Lori Hairston's Blog; as well as Mod Squad and others, I decided to sit down and create this little card to help us all get a bit "hungrier" for Christmas, so to speak.  It's definitely getting me excited.
Since it is July, I thought it would be fun (and even appropriate) to make a non-traditional Christmas card by using non-traditional colors of mint and pink from this GORGEOUS line by Prima called Santa Baby.  The small touches of red make it work somehow, right?  I used a darling Christmas stamp set from Paper Sweeties called Homemade With Love, and this is such a DELICIOUS set.  I stamped the cupcake onto a white cardstock base and cut it out with the coordinating Homemade With Love Sweet Cuts, and then stamped parts of it again onto Christmas patterned papers.   I outlined the cupcake with chunky pink glitter, and I stamped the cute peppermint sticks and die-cut them as well using this one set from Paper Sweeties.
The tag on which I placed my cupcake is found in the Stitched Tags #1 Sweet Cuts, and I used Bubblegum and Watermelon Seam Binding.  These are the fun challenges where I'm sharing my sweet Christmas card.  I hope it gives you a little taste of Christmas and starts to build up your appetite for all the excitement coming our way in December.  Perhaps you'd like to come and play along in these fun challenges as well.  Christmas is coming!



6 comments:

  1. What a sweet card Karen - and I am sure it was a lot of fun to make
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a delicious set and a delicious card you made. I love the colors and the candy canes. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely the sweetest! Love the mint and pink and the fun cupcake. So glad you linked to my Visions of Sugarplums challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow c'est trop joli avec ces couleurs délicates et originales, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is surely the sweetest Christmas card! thanks for linking up at Mod Squad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a super SWEET card, in every sense! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (christmas in july!) STASH with us this fortnight! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.