Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Paper Sweeties Release Rewind - Part 1

Hurray, it's New Release Rewind Day at Paper Sweeties and I have another super fun card to share with y'all.  I also have a confession to make.  This isn't my original card for today.  I made another one first (I'll be posting it later today) but I didn't really feel like it showcased the ADORABLE new Stamp Set as much as it could have.  Now, don't get me wrong...it's a cute card (because, let's be honest here, everything a person makes with Paper Sweeties products turns out cute because the products are so adorable...you can't go wrong) but I wanted to showcase more of the sentiments in the new Stamp Set and feature it from another theme (birthday).   We all know that having a good "sorry I missed your birthday" stamp (or two) is a necessity; and this sweet new Stamp Set helps you do that with a touch of humor.
I cut several pieces of white watercolor paper and layered them together.  I used the Oval Scallop Frame Sweet Cuts to die-cut the white oval.  I used 3-D tape to raise up the Oval, as well as my paper layers.  On one of the white layers of paper, I created a background by brushing on some Oxide Inks, acrylic paint, liquid watercolor, etc.  Once that all dried, I used Coal Ink to stamp the sentiments (Oh Shiplap, and Sorry I Missed Your Birthday) which are both found in the new Stamp Set.  The little pig is also found in the new Stamp Set.  I stamped my little piggy in Coal Ink, painted him in pink, and die-cut him using the Sweet Cuts.
I added one Bubblegum Sequin layered with one Sugar Sprinkle Sequin, and I placed a few tiny floral prills in the cupped center of these sweet Sequins.  By the way, here's a crafting secret...Sequins are a great accent for those times when you make a little mistake that you need to cover up.  NOT that I made a blunder on this one.  I'm just sayin'. 😉  These aren't your every day Sequins, friends.  They are flower-shaped, and cupped so that they look like a tiny flower.  Here's a close-up.
My talented teammates have each created a super cute project for you today.  Just click on their names below, and you'll be taken directly to their blog with today's post.  I know they'd really appreciate getting some love and encouragement today.  I know that I sure do appreciate it.  Thanks again for visiting me.  Please take time to visit Paper Sweeties.  It really is the sweetest.

Blessings,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. What a cute card Karen - I got a real smile from this!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.