Thursday, October 22, 2020

FRIENDSHIP - Wishing You Joy

Hello, peeps!  I'm delighted to have you visit me.  This is a sweet little card I made this afternoon while my boys were watching a movie.  I really wanted to play along in a couple of fun challenges, and like the rest of you...I have to use what I've got and make it somehow work.  This is what I came up with today.  I started with a piece of red cardstock and layered that with a piece of white to create the base of my card.

I cut three circles using a Reverse Confetti die called Lacy Scallop Circes Confetti Cuts.  I cut one red, one white, and one from a soft teal wool felt to layer some great textures.  Next, I stamped the birds, tiny circles, musical notes and sentiment using the Birdie Buddies Stamp Set from Reverse Confetti.  I colored them with my Copics.
The finishing touches include some specks of light mint and red paint as well as a few little sequins.  I just love all the layers and soft sweet touches.  I don't always have the perfect stamps for every challenge, but I try my best to make it work in the meantime.  Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek, and have a blessed week.

Karen

Here's where I'm linking up and playing along:
Reverse Confetti October Stock Your Stash Challenge:  Thanksgiving/Friendship - Since I don't have a Thanksgiving set from Reverse Confetti, I used the FRIENDSHIP theme and created this sweet card for a dear friend of mine who really needs some encouragement right now.  The sentiment "Wishing You Joy" is exactly what she needs right now.  After all, this is a "Stock Your Stash" challenge, so I had to use what's in my stash, right?  The Reverse Confetti products I used are linked above, but they include the Birdie Buddies Stamp Set and the Lacy Scallop Circle Confetti Cuts.
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says Layer It Up" - I did just that - I used two layers of paper and three extra layers of die-cut circles.


2 comments:

  1. Very cute & I love the colour palette Karen.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Karen - love your colours and those circles make a wonderful, eye-catching, focal point
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.