Tuesday, February 23, 2021

There's No Place Like Home

Hi there, blog friends!  It's not really like me to post multiple times on the same day; but somehow I'm doing that today.  It's always SO much fun when I'm able to create just for fun.  For me, that tends to happen more so towards the end of each month.  I'm delighted to have the time and opportunity to play along in some of my favorite challenges; and to be able to create projects specifically for those challenges.
This card started with two cardstocks for the base (red and black) and a piece of white water color paper that I painted in shades of blue to create a backdrop.  I stamped, cut and colored the house, sentiment and sun using a Paper Sweeties set called Somewhere Over The Rainbow.   I stamped, cut and colored the tree and grass using the Treat Box Add-Ons: Home and Garden Set also from Paper Sweeties.
The challenges listed below are those that inspired me to create this card and where I'm excited to be linking up/playing along.  I hope you're staying creative this week as well.  I look forward to seeing what you're creating.  Please leave me a comment and mention what you've been working on this week, and I'll stop by to take a peek at it.  I look forward to it, in fact.  Have a blessed day!

Karen

The Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Fairytale Castle🏰 - Architecture/Building - I chose to use a HOUSE for my "castle".  They do have that saying that a woman is the "queen of her own castle" or something like that.  So, this house represents the queen who lives inside.

Pixie's Crafty Workshop:  Pixie's Playground Challenge #397 - Use those snippets.  For all the small pieces (house, tree, branches, sun) I used snippets of white paper that were literally just laying on my craft table right when I needed them.  I love using my scraps and not having to cut into a new piece of paper for these small images.

Dar & Diane's Double D Challenge Blog - Anything With A Heart 💖 - Can you see my (two) cute little hearts?  This one did say ANYTHING with a heart.  And, of course there's also a HOUSE there, and there's always the "heart" of the home; which is those who dwell inside.

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute.The colors are beautiful.

    I am skipping all around in the creativity department. Anything but cards and I'm working on a Christmas card for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just awesome Karen and I agree ... No place like home!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Anything with a Heart’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Karen - and just perfect for snippets of course.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.