Saturday, May 1, 2021

A Quote by C.H. Spurgeon

Thanks for stopping by today as I share a card I created with a fun stencilled, inked, painted background along with some touches of burlap and thin metal primitive hearts.  It's a perfect card for mailing as I was able to keep it flat for the most part.  I used lots of great Tim Holtz products on my card.
I used a colored cardstock base in green, and layered some Crate Paper patterned papers.  I attached my background created on white watercolor paper and stenciled with various patterns and inks, paints, etc.  It's a bit of a messy pattern, but I was trying to bring in several colors while giving the background some added texture and personality.  That's what prompted me to add just a bit of machine stitching in black.
You might also see a couple pieces of my (now much treasured) vintage Scotch tape.  It gives such a cool nostalgic warmth to papers.  I left the black thread edges of my zig zag stitching just sorta hanging there.  I debated on adding straight stitch all the way around the white piece.  I still wonder....
I'll be sharing this card in both the Monday and Wednesday Simon Says Stamp Challenges this week since my card fits both their themes.  It's always a blessing to me when I have time to play along in a challenge here and there; and especially ones I love so much.  Thanks again for stopping by to take a peek, and please visit again soon.

God's blessings to you,
Karen

Here are the challenges that inspired my card:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Add A Quote" - I used the stamped quote from C.H. Spurgeon.  I used Tim Holtz Hickory Smoke Ink to stamp my quote.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Anything Goes"


1 comment:

  1. Sweet sweet Karen - like the bits and bobs as well - lovely layout as always - love your art work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.