Saturday, June 12, 2021

HELLO Sunshine

Welcome by my blog, everyone!  I'm SO glad you're here.  Today is one of those rare days when I'm posting a card just for fun.  It's always nice when you can make something that's not part of a DT assignment; but rather, just because.  This is one of those cards, and I had fun making it.
I used some black and deep yellow cardstocks and cut my chicken coop/wire background using a Darice die-cut from my stash.  The image stamp set (hive, bees and dotted lines) is called Bee Hive from Honey Bee Stamps.  The sentiment stamp I used is an old favorite from Verve Stamps.  I enjoy being inspired to use products from my stash.  By participating in challenges, I'm allowed the freedom to create and use some of my older items that I sometimes neglect or forget about.  I haven't used these particular products in quite some time, so I'm very grateful for the inspiration.
I added some seam binding, baker's twine, and floral prills.  I had to make it look a little bit realistic, right?  It was a FUN card; and I really appreciate the inspiration.  I hope that you're creating things just for fun this week, too.  I can't wait to get back in my craft room to make something else.  How about you?  What have  you been making this week?  I hope you'll link up your art with us at Word Art Wednesday.  It's always FUN to play along in challenges.
Thanks again for stopping by.  I'm playing along in a couple challenges that you'll find listed and linked below.  I hope that YOU will stop by and play along at Word Art Wednesday and some of these other FUN challenges.  Have a great one, everybody.

Blessings,
Karen

Double D Challenge Blog - Dar & Diane's BEE Inspired Challenge

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Create A Scene - I created a bumble bee hive scene.  Now, if you're a bee, that's quite a scene.  Right?

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Mixed Media - It's always fun to incorporate a bit of mixed media into every project.

Allsorts Challenge Blog - Week #628 Bugs & Butterflies - I hope my bees are "buggy" enough for this challenge.

10 comments:

  1. Super card Karen, lovely design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just bee-tiful!! What a great card for a fun challenge. 🐝

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours and a perfect creation for our theme.

    Thanks so much for joining in with our 'Butterflies and Bugs' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is gorgeous, thanks for joining us at the Allsorts challenge, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Karen - love the yellow against the black, and great use of the die cut background for you wonderful images
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ver pretty card Karen with all you fabulous elements, I am glad you could 'take a day off' and join in with our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute bee themed card!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely gorgeous! Wonderful "bee"-design. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
    Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Karen this is absolutely awesome! What a great collection of elements to create this scene ... love the addition of baker's twine too! GREAT JOB!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Bee-inspired’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this Bee card it is just so cute and perfect. great work Karen
    hugs Dottie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.