Friday, July 23, 2021

Today Is Special w/RRR

Hello, everyone, and welcome by today as I celebrate my 56th Birthday.  Yes, it's my Birthday today; and I'm happy to share this sweet card I created for Really Reasonable Ribbon.  Whenever I make a card, I love to add some ribbon or twine to give my card extra dimension and pizazz.  I can always find the perfect ribbons and trims at Really Reasonable Ribbon because they carry literally every color and style you can imagine.
I used some gold foil cardstock from my stash and used that as the base.  I added a piece of patterned paper with some gold accents in it.  The top layer is a piece of basic white cardstock that I decorated by using a stencil and some gold Deco Foil Metallix.  It gave the background a nice shiny gold pattern along with some nice texture.  I used another scrap of white cardstock and the same stencil to create the background pattern (in Spun Sugar Oxide Ink) on the sentiment spot.  The sentiment spot itself was cut with a Paper Sweeties Cut, and the sentiment stamp is from Reverse Confetti.  I embossed the sentiment in gold.
OK....let's get to the FUN stuff.  Once all that ☝was done, I ran a width of the pretty Raw Silk Satin With Metallic Edge across my card and tied a bow with it.  I layered in some bundled and knotted Gold Metallic String.  I tucked in a White Mulberry Leaf and added several Miniature Pastel Sweetheart Blossoms.  I just LOVE the fact that Really Reasonable Ribbon always has the perfect trim or accent for every project, and their prices are SO reasonable.  When you see a ribbon or trim on one of projects that you like, in most cases; that trim almost always comes in different colors and widths.  The assortment is truly amazing, and you're always going to find what you need.  For instance, the Raw Silk Satin With Metallic Edge I used on this card comes in over 40 different colors.  Just sayin'.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today.  It's always a joy when you stop by and say hello; but especially today (being my special day) it's really a treat.  I appreciate you all, and I want you all to know that your friendship and support mean a lot to me.  My cup runneth over with gratitude.  I do hope you'll stop by Really Reasonable Ribbon to take a peek at all their wonderful products.

Blessings,
Karen

I'm playing along in the following FUN challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Out With Old, In With The New - So I used new ribbons from Really Reasonable Ribbon and a new technique using the Metallix and stencil.  I also used older products such as that gold cardstock (ancient) and the patterned paper which has been in my stash for quite some time as well.


6 comments:

  1. The paper, ribbon and flowers are just beautiful. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, a very Happy Birthday. I hope it was as sweet as the cards you make.

      Delete
  2. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday, Karen!
    I love the card you created! Beautiful colors and textures! Pretty ribbon and flowers for embellishment too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy. happy birthday Karen - I trust your day was blessed, and that you know God's smile on you in the year ahead.'
    Loving this gorgeous card - it's beautiful
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is incredible! I love your photography too!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Hi Karen: This card is Gorgeous !!!did you use the Spellbinders Glimmer machine? I have the machine I'm still trying to master it LOL.
    Great Job !

    Blessings
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.