Sunday, August 1, 2021

FUN Challenges and a New Fold

Hello, friends.  Thanks for visiting me again for a quick little post.  If you know me at all, you're well aware that I tend to create things that fit safely inside my comfortable little bubble of creativity.  I don't often try new things; and I've said for a long time that this is likely my biggest craft fault.  Well, I was inspired by the challenge on the Christian Card Makers' Facebook Group to try what's called a "Book Fold".  I watched THIS TUTORIAL on YouTube, and I gave it a try.  This is literally my first attempt at ANY kind of special fold.
I used a pale pink cardstock to make my card base following the directions in the video.  The patterned papers are from Kaisercraft.  I used some Light Pink Gingham Ribbon, Mulberry Flowers, Stamens, Mulberry Leaves, Bundled Burlap String, and  lots of other pretty touches.  On the front sentiment, I used a sentiment stamp from Stamp Simply Clear Stamps called Words of Encouragement.
On the inside of the card, I used another sentiment stamp from Stamp Simply Clear Stamps called Farmhouse All Occasion Greetings.  I love the font used on their stamps, and they have so many great sets for most every occasion.  I invite you to check out the links I've shared today as they're sure to be a blessing to you.  Happy crafting to everyone, and have a great week.

Blessings,
Karen

I'm sharing my card in these FUN challenges:

CRAFT-alnica: Challenge #291 - This is the first challenge blog in Slovenia and I'm delighted to play along.  This challenge is called PIKE: Use Polka Dot patterned papers.  Entry #3 (final)
CRAFT-alnica

Dare 2B Artzy - August: Anything Goes

Time Out Challenges: Challenge #193: Inspired By Words (I was inspired by the words ROSE and GARDEN)

6 comments:

  1. I love the beautiful papers you used on this my friend. Love those pretty little roses too! Gorgeous creation (as always!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous. I am going to give this fold a try. I love the papers, ribbons and embellishments you used. Thanks for sharing this beauty at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Karen - Wonderful papers and gorgeous flowers.
    I love this fold, and I often wrap my ribbon around before I close the 'spine', which keeps it really neat and tidy.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, thanks for playing at CRAFT-alnica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card. Love polka dot's background for flowers. Thank you for playing with us in Craft-alnica. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a beautiful card, I love this style.
    Thank you for playing with us at Craft-alnica where I am a Guest Designer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.