Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Using Paper Scraps w/Really Reasonable Ribbon

Hello, friends.  I don't know if you ADORE ribbons and trims the way I do, but they're must-haves in my book.  The trends right now are lovely, but they tend to be quite flat and lacking texture.  For me, there's just something about all those yummy layers and textures that I simply can't resist.  This card was created using some super old patterned papers and paper scraps from an old 6x6 paper pad.  But....all the LOVELY accents you'll see are from Really Reasonable Ribbon.
I used small cut strips of Scor-Tape to attach all those little scraps of patterned paper to my cardstock base.  I didn't want all those little paper scraps to start lifting at some point, and that's why I used the Scor-Tape to keep everything securely in place.  I added half of a coffee-stained doily, and I used an old PTI stamp set to stamp the sentiment (Warm Autumn Wishes) onto yet another scrap of patterned paper.  I ran a piece of Bay Leaf Seam Binding up the left of my card.  I used a smaller piece of the Bay Leaf Seam Binding to tie a bow, and incorporated a length of Solid Yellow Baker's Twine, Solid Gray Baker's Twine, some bundled Pink Burlap String, several Double Head Stamens
The next time you have a pile of patterned paper scraps sitting around, find a way to piece them together (SAVE them!) and create something fun like this.  The Scor-Tape works great at holding down all those little pieces securely.  You'll also see that I placed a pretty Pink Magnolia Flower in the center of my bow, and I tucked in two stick pins.
No matter what sort of card, craft, or art project you're working on; there's always going to be a perfect trim, accent, or adhesive waiting for you at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  We hope you'll stop by and do some looking around in all the different categories.  You're sure to find a few things you'll absolutely LOVE.  Thanks again for stopping by my blog today. Happy crafting, everyone!

Blessings,
Karen

I'm playing along here:
Pixie's Playground: Challenge #413 - This card was created completely using snippets of patterned papers from an old patterned paper line.

The Card Concept Challenge - #161 - Photo Inspiration - I was really inspired by Mackie's card with all those lovely paper layers.  I also loved the inspiration colors, but couldn't resist adding in a little touch of pink.  I especially LOVE, and was drawn to, the golden tones.



11 comments:

  1. You certainly are the queen of using layers, texture, ribbon and flowers on your cards Karen, and this is a wonderful example of that. This is fabulous example of your unique talent to use all that, and have a wonderful result!
    Stay saafe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Karen, I really like your stamp. as always another beauty..
    Blessings
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Karen - always like your bits and bobs and layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness that's PRETTY! Love your use of tiny paper snippets combined with the ribbons and flower and doily.

    Can you come and decorate all the lunch trays in the Snippets Playground school cafeteria please?

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colors on this beautiful card. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Karen! That really is so pretty and such wonderful use of all types of snippets. I only wish I had your eye for putting things together so it doesn't look as if Dudley had a paw in the process!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I just LOVE your beautiful layered card! Such a gorgeous combination of colours and textures. So glad you could join us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors that come together in all of the ribbons, patterns and pins! Thank you for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, Karen! You know how to pull all those pretty elements together! Thanks for sharing this with us at The Card Concept this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you Karen, I don't like flat cards either! Your card instantly caught my eye with its lovely colours and yummy textures. It just makes me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.