Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Black Baker's Twine w/ Really Reasonable Ribbon

Hello, friends, and thanks for stopping by my blog.  Today I'm sharing two fun cards I created using some of my favorite products from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I can't seem to make anything without using something from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  For instance, the amazing ScorTape Adhesive is a favorite of mine, and I use this awesome Adhesive on nearly every card and project I create.  RRR carries lots of great products, from essential items to embellishments, that will help you make something lovely.  Today's cards feature the WONDERFUL product.....Baker's Twine.  
This card started with a black cardstock base, some pink patterned paper and a bit of machine stitching in black.  I added some swatches of canvas that were also machine stitched in black.  I attached some black fabric glitter wings, a sticker, a wooden heart, and a Pink Miniature Sweetheart Blossom to the top of my card.  Everything is securely attached together using cut strips of Scor-Tape.   I just LOVE all the wonderful Mulberry Flowers and goodies available at RRR.
How fun!  You can see some light glittery sequin mix sprinkled onto my card, and all around on the small glassine bag I added underneath the stitched canvas pieces.  I also tied a nice long length of Solid Black Baker's Twine around my card and tied a pretty bow with it.  I just LOVE all the Baker's Twine, and especially all the cute Solid Baker's Twine available at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  How cute is it on this card?  And at just ten cents per yard, you can't go wrong.
The small glassine bag sprinkled with glitters also holds a small tag with an uplifting sentiment.  I love to tuck in a message when there's a cute little place to hide one.  The Solid Black Baker's Twine is such a fun touch.  I couldn't resist using it on another card.  This second card uses a fun new stamp set I got when I hosted a (somewhat) recent Stampin' Up Party.
This card uses a black cardstock base, some striped patterned paper, and then a piece of white cardstock where I stamped the floral images.  I cut the floral image into four squares and placed them on the background.  I wasn't quite happy with how it looked, so I decided to add some FABULOUS Solid Black Baker's Twine and I wrapped it around my card.
Baker's Twine comes in over 20 colors (striped/traditional) as well as many different beautiful solid colors.  It's a wonderful trim, and I encourage you to check it out.  In fact, I encourage you to check out all the fabulous Baker's Twines,  Burlap Strings and other wonderful products at Really Reasonable Ribbon, and have a fantastically creative week.

Blessings,
Karen

I'm playing along here:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Anything Goes"

I'm sharing this card in the following challenge where I'm trying to "Make My Mark":

5 comments:

  1. I would never have thought to use black bakers twine - these are stunning Karen
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 lovely cards Karen, I love the bakers twine from RRR as well as the ribbons and flowers, the canvas was a good idea, and the heart and tiny flower are so sweet. i enjoy vising.
    Blessings my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome project! Love all the details. Thanks for playing along at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, unique projects, Karen! I love the pink paper on the first card & the burlap! The flowers are so pretty on the 2nd card & adding the twine between the panels was a brilliant idea--love it! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous projects, love the burlap and all the pretty elements to look at, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.