Wednesday, June 22, 2022

By The Sea at The Card Concept Challenge

It's the first day of a brand-new challenge over at The Card Concept Challenge Blog; and this time the challenge theme is "By The Sea".  You can create anything that the photo inspires you to make.  Let your creative talents run wild.  Because I was terribly pressed for time this week (and I didn't plan ahead through the end of the month), I threw together a very quick card for this challenge.
As you can clearly see, I completely ignored the color scheme and went with the idea of being "By The Sea" when I created this quick little card.  I started with a black cardstock and I used the Crimped Frame Dies from The Greetery on that as well as two October Afternoon journalling cards.  I attached them to the black base, and that was pretty much the entire card.
I attached a few October Afternoon star stickers to the card, and I tied a nice long length of Solid Red Baker's Twine around my card and tied it into a tidy bow.  Like I said, it's incredibly simple.  But that's just to remind everyone that making a card doesn't always need to be a big difficult chore.  Simply use what you have on hand to create something fun.  The challenges at The Card Concept are just a starting point for your creativity.  We can't wait to see what you will create to share with us at The Card Concept.
For lots of FUN with challenges, I really hope you'll come by The Card Concept this week to share your "By The Sea" and other Summer creations.  I'd also LOVE to have you stop by Word Art Wednesday to play along with us there as well.  The wonderful Altenew is our sponsor for this challenge.  Woo hoo.

I'm playing along here:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Something Beginning With an S" - I used a Sailboat, Solid Red Baker's Twine and Stickers.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Clean and Simple" and for those who know me, you're aware that this card is very clean and simple.

Dar & Diane's Double D Challenge Blog - Beach Time - I was inspired by the beachy ocean theme.
Where are you playing along this week?  I always enjoy a good challenge, and I hope to see some of your art this week as well.  Happy crafting, everyone.

Blessings,
Karen

4 comments:

  1. cute card Karen, I love using my boat stamp and die cut, Have a blessed weekend.
    Hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL design Karen! Love all the elements you have brought together on this fabulous creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Beach Time’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! Lovely layout and great detailing. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
    Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the win with your card @ Double D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.