Sunday, July 10, 2022

Back To School - #1 Teacher

I've been seeing a lot of Christmas challenges and Back-to-School challenges lately, so I figured that I'd start with one and hope to get the other done this weekend as well.  I never know just how much free time I'll have, but I sure try to make a card every day if I possibly can.  Today I made this Back-to-School card.
I used black cardstock and a pece of October Afternoon patterned paper as well as one piece of white cardstock that I oxide inked.  I used a cute crayon stamp/die set and a stamped sentiment from Paper Sweeties.  I alternated the colors of the crayons against the inked background, and I raised up two of the crayons with 3-D tape.
Because this is just how I am, I couldn't stop with that basic card.  Oh no, I just HAD to pile on a bunch of October Afternoon stickers that I placed here and there, stapled and pinned with a miniature rusty paper clip.  I also ran two different washi tapes underneath my patterned paper.  I struggle greatly with the concept of CAS and often find myself getting carried away with layers and textures.  Oh my.  I will say in my own defense, however, that this is one of the very rare cards to which I'm not adding any ribbon (no baker's twine even) and that's progress for me.  LOL
I sure do appreciate your visit today, and I hope you're staying creative.  Have a wonderful week, everyone.  Here's to hoping that we all win something fun this week.  Who knows, it could happen.  I'm sharing here:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Back To School"

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says "Red, White and/or Blue" - I hope this OK since I used both red AND blue.

Sweet Stampin' - Use Numbers - I used #1 for #1 Teacher

Blessings,
Karen

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet card Karen. as always great job
    Blessings my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on no ribbon or twine Karen - you are an overcomer! :) Loving this card and your great use of colour
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classic teacher and primary classroom look (old school style!!) that has charm and interesting details with those bits of tape and stickers!!! Great card and there's a lucky teacher who will treasure this card because there is recognition of his/her time and efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Karen, ooooh I love this! You've got a great feeling of texture there, and I love your colour choices - just fab! Thanks for joining in with us at Sweet Stampin' and I hope to see you again! Sarah - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.