Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Cozy Autumn Lattes w/The Card Concept

There's a new challenge starting today over at The Card Concept and the inspiration photo is gorgeous.  It's shown just below.  I was very much drawn to the warmth of the Autumn colors in the inspiration photo, so I knew I was making something with those tones.  You can let this inspiration guide you in any direction.  I obviously put my own (weird) spin on it by bring in that bluish color; but it was in the patterned paper I chose, so I just went with it.
When I got my card base together and had machine stitched it, I sat there staring at it, and started realizing how incredibly BUSY this particular patterned paper is.  I knew I had to do something to break it up a bit.  In the print on this patterned paper, I saw a quote about PLS (warm coffee of any kind is always a favorite for me) so I made the decision to make this a coffee card.  Coffee says it all, right?
I used a SNSS set called Texture Tiles #9 for the messy coffee background and I used another SNSS set called Coffee Talk Stamp Set for the lattes.  I colored the drinks with my Copics and raised them up with 3-D foam tape.  I used a Paper Sweeties stamp set called Sweater Weather to stamp the (repeated) word COZY and the small pumpkin image on the background.
What else?  I ran a length of Burgundy Wrinkle Ribbon across the card underneath the sentiment piece.  I used that and some Bayleaf Seam Binding as well a piece of Solid Pumpkin Baker's Twine to create my bow.  I topped that with a White Sweetheart Blossom.  I think that's it.
I sure hope that you'll stop by The Card Concept to play along with us.  You can see that the inspiration photo is just a starting point.  You can take your project(s) in any direction you desire.  Just let your creativity run wild and be sure to link up in our challenge.  There's a special PRIZE for this challenge, too.  I'll see you at The Card Concept.

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "STITCH IT" - I did some machine stitching in black around the edges of my card (as I often do).

Tic Tac Toe Challenges - Challenge #181 - I got my tic-tac-toe across the top with Leaves (on the printed paper), Ribbon and Autumn Colors.  
Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you've found some FUN challenges to join this week.

Blessings,
Karen

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and elements, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful autumn coffee themed card, Karen. Yummy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL CARD !! great choice of you papers and such a pretty flower & Bow. Blessings and Hugs Dottie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.