Wednesday, November 30, 2022

The Weather Outside is Frightful

It's hard for me to believe that I really did grow up (20+ years) in Minnesota.  We've been living in the warm desert since 1989; and when it gets "cold" here, it's cold enough.  I've gotten spoiled by the warmer temperatures and can't even wrap my head around dealing with sub-zero temperatures at this point in my life.  No thanks.  So, while the weather outside is frightful in some parts of the United States; it's completely bearable here in Las Vegas.
But that didn't stop me from reminiscing about all things Winter.  This card takes me back to my childhood and how my friends and I would skate until we couldn't feel our toes anymore.  Some of the rinks where we'd skate didn't even have a warming house.  They're still happy memories.  The Wonder of Christmas Stamp Set from SNSS was the perfect choice for this card.  I knew I wanted to use the skates when I saw this gorgeous inspiration photo for the new challenge at The Card Concept.
I hand-cut my skates and I used tin foil on the blades.  The patterned paper is from Prima and the sentiment is from the Christmas Stockings & Mittens Stamp Set by Stamp Simply.  The snowflake is from Stamp Simply as well.  It's from the Christmas Stockings & Mittens Die-Cuts.  I stamped the sentiment onto a Fishtail Banner Die-Cut and used some Hickory Smoke & Spun Sugar Oxide Inks.  That's about it.
I do hope that you'll stop by The Card Concept to play along with us.  We always appreciate seeing your creativity and we also enjoy seeing how the inspiration photo speaks to you.  It's just a starting point.  You can create and share anything Winter.  Have a blessed and creative week, and I'll look forward to seeing your art over at The Card Concept.

I'm linking up to these FUN challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Freezing Cold Mood Board" - For this card, I was inspired by the ice skates and snow.



ABC Christmas Card Challenges: W is for White and/or X is for X-tra Special - My card is both.  It has white (skates, snow, background, etc.) and it also celebrates X-tra Special memories from my childhood.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Anything Goes"

Blessings,
Karen

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, yes, I understand how you'd not like to return to the cold and blustery winters. It gets pretty bad, cold and snowy where I live, and I've often thought about moving to a warmer climate, hugs, Lori m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colors you used and the skates, the card is just so Beautiful.
    Have a Blessed week
    Hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card - love the tin foil for the skate blades -very innovative - and certainly Xtra Special for our challenge. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.