Thursday, December 1, 2022

Winter Fun at The Four Seasons Challenge

It's time for more Winter FUN at The Four Seasons Challenge Blog.  There's a gorgeous new inspiration photo that you can use to give you some ideas.  But as you can see from my card, you don't have to use the inspiration board literally.  It's just a starting point.  I saw the image in the bottom right corner with the yellow/gold shining on the trees, and I came up with this card.
I used black cardstock and a pretty green gingham patterned paper from the Craft Consortium Tartan Plaid 6x6 Paper Pad to create the base.  Next, I used a piece of white watercolor paper and some Lemonade, Citron and Green Grass Oxide Inks to run on the background.  I gave it a little water mist to create the distressed look, and I added some speckles using the Going Postal Stamp Set from SNSS.
The trees and the stamped sentiment are found in the lovely O Christmas Tree Stamp Set from Stamp Simply Clear Stamps.  I ran the same Oxide Inks on the watercolor paper and stamped the trees right over that.  I used the coordinating O Christmas Tree Dies to cut the trees.  A few sequins and a rusty paperclip were the finishing touches.  What will speak to you in this challenge?  We can't wait to see what you create.  Be sure to link up your Winter cards over at The Four Seasons Challenge Blog.

I'm playing along here in these FUN challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Anything Goes"

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge Blog - Anything Goes - Entry 3 of 3

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says "Freezing Cold Mood Board" 

TIME OUT Challenges: Challenge #228 - WINTER or Holiday Season - My trees say Winter and happy holidays.

Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog - Challenge #114 - TREE-mendous Time of the Year - This is my second entry (2/2)

Keep on crafting!

Blessings,
Karen

11 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Karen, I love these fun trees, and love the way you have featured them with the inked background, they are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Plaid, especially this time of year and this is a lovely card. The modern design of the trees really appeals to me.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a BEAUTIFULLY designed card my friend! LOVE your choice of color/design ... so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card, fabulous background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a festive card, I love those tree images and the inked and distressed background is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautifully designed card with a fabulous color combo for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very beautiful, love the colours and those trees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. I love how you did the background. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great card, Karen. I love that stamp set, and the way you've used it here. I love those funky trees paired with the plaid, and the colors you used are wonderful. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, these trees remind me of the ribbon candy that you get at Christmas. I love the tartan paper and the beautiful green colors on the card. I so wish I had that sentiment. I love it. Your card is lovely. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such fun Christmas trees, your card is lovely... thanks for entering the 'The Most TREE-mendous Time of Year' challenge at Scribbles Designs. Good luck and hope you will join us again.
    Diane Louise (DT member) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.