Saturday, April 1, 2023

A New Spring Challenge at The Four Seasons

Hello, dear friends and Happy Spring!  It's time for a beautiful new April Challenge over at The Four Seasons Challenge Blog and we sure hope that YOU will join us.  There's a gorgeous inspiration photo to give you some fresh Spring/Easter ideas to help you start envisioning images, colors, textures and ideas for your entries; but the ultimate creative choices are completely up to you and your own unique interpretation of the inspiring photo shown below.
I came up with this pretty card to (hopefully) inspire you a bit on this new Spring/Easter April Challenge.  What spoke to me from the inspiration photo were the bicycle, the flowering cherry blossoms, and the gorgeous colors in the cut flowers found in the bicycle basket.  I drew inspiration from several different elements in the photo, gathered up a few supplies that matched the overall design theme, and got busy.  Creating art that speaks and celebrates everything about Spring is always pretty and fun to design.
I started with white watercolor paper for this card and I painted oxide ink on it pretty much everywhere.  I stamped the darling bicycle in dark brown ink using an old favorite stamp from Unity Stamp Co.  called Enjoy This Day.  The stamped sentiment is from Carta Bella's Spring Market collection.  I ran the card (both layers) through my embossing machine using an embossing folder called Organic Linen from Altenew.  yum!  All those gorgeous colors and textures.  Yes, please.
The colors of Tim Holtz Oxide Inks that I used to paint the background are Weathered Blue, Spun Sugar and Walnut.  I ran a length of Solid Ivory Baker's Twine around my card and attached a Tim Holtz Miniature Rusty Paper Clip to the top right of my card.  What elements in this inspiration photo speak to your creative side?  That sweet bicycle under the cherry blossoms just called my name from an inspirational standpoint.  We can't wait to see/hear what you'll create to share with us this month at The Four Seasons Challenge Blog and how you were inspired.
I did something with this card that I don't often (or ever) do.  After I'd completely finished, photographed and posted this card; I started to wonder how it would have looked if I'd rubbed some more ink over the image/face of the card using a fun stencil.  SO.....here's what happened.  I like what a stencil does for a card.  So cool.
Thanks again for stopping by to say hello and take a peek at my card.   I really do hope you'll stop by The Four Seasons Challenge to join all the fun this month.  We always LOVE seeing your amazing art.  Here are the challenges where I'm happily sharing my card.   Any questions, just leave me a note.  Happy crafting, everyone.

Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge Blog - Anything Goes/Twist - Easter - I used an Organic Linen Embossing Folder made by Altenew.  Just look at all that gorgeous texture the embossing folder gives to my simple white watercolor cardstock.

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Stencil It" - This is one of the reasons why I did a stencilled version of this card.  I started to think it might look cool with an inky polka dot stencil image rubbed everywhere, so I revamped my card a bit.  That, and I wanted so badly to play along in the SSS Monday challenge this week.

TIME OUT Challenge Blog - Challenge: Photo Inspiration - In this photo, I was really inspired by the vintage bicycle, the flowers and the simple country vibe I felt.  I kept my card pretty simple to showcase the bicycle (which I love).

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Anything Goes"

Happy crafting, everyone.

Blessings,
Karen

9 comments:

  1. Very unique and BEAUTIFUL creation Karen! Love it! You always share such wonderful DT projects and we appreciate you sharing it with us over on our Can You Handle the Pressure Challenge also. Good Luck and Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Karen. Such a great design and choice of colors! The paper clip and twine finish it off so nicely and the polka dots you added later on are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You a taking as ride into spring with this nice card!
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully designed card Karen, so glad you are part of our team at Four seasons and look forward each month to your beautiful work and this card is no exception!! Thanks too for joining our fun challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty, love the way you did the background and embossing of it, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. this is so beautiful! I love the way the you were inspired and the dry embossing over the image, actually makes it look like an image on linen. Thank you for taking time out to join us at our inspired by the photo challenge. Hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that texture and those Spring colours! So happy you were inspired by our Inspiration Photo at Time Out Challenges!
    Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful take on the TIME OUT inspiration photo. Love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just loving those wonderful blended colors and embossing together! What a great way to present this fun image in a homespun card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.