Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Floral Spring Challenge at The Card Concept

Ready for a great challenge?  Well, the new challenge starting today at The Card Concept offers two (2) different images to inspire you.  There's a Floral Spring image (shown below) that I used as my inspiration for this challenge; and there's also a Garden Birds image with different colors, images, etc.  The creative possibilities are truly endless.  We sure do hope that you'll come by to play along with us because you'll surely be creating cards in these color palettes this Spring.
My card started with a piece of blue cardstock for the base.  I attached several pieces of patterned paper using scraps that I pulled from my various bins to fit each of gorgeous colors in the inspiration photo.  The green gingham napkin caught my eye immediately and I knew I wanted to add some green gingham, so I added some Moss & Cream Gingham Ribbon to my card and tied a pretty bow with it along with some bundled Ivory Burlap String.  I topped it with an Ivory Sweetheart Blossom that I added extra Double Head Stamens to its center to again draw ALL the pretty colors that inspired me.
The sentiment is found in the A Godly Man Stamp Set from Stamp Simply.  The flower is from the Coneflower Stamp Set and was cut using the coordinating Coneflower Steel Die.  I stamped the Coneflower twice directly onto the same script patterned paper that I used on my card base and I layered them.  There are so many fun ways to incorporate the colors in an inspiration photo along with the images and textures, etc.  It's all about letting the photo(s) speak to you and just getting super creative with your supplies.  You can ALWAYS make whatever you have on hand work for any challenge.
This is such a lovely color combination, and I simply used scraps and supplies I had available to me in a creative way to pull together a card that was relatable to the Spring Floral inspiration photo.  I hope it inspires you somehow and causes you to want to create a card for this FUN challenge so that you can play along with us and show us your beautiful creative side.  I'm pretty sure you can see how this photo inspired my card.
Thanks again for visiting my blog today, and please join us at The Card Concept.  It's always more fun when everybody plays along in challenges, so come join all the fun.  I hope to see you there, friends.  OH, and before I run off, I'd also like to remind everyone that there's a new challenge starting today also over at Word Art Wednesday.  Our sponsor for this new challenge (starting today) is the wonderful Lawn Fawn ($25 gift card) so be sure to join us there as well.

I'm sharing my card here:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says "Inspired By Music" so this card was inspired by the song "Thinking of You" (same as the sentiment I used).  The song Thinking of You was recorded by the amazing Katy Perry.

Karen

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful way to show off the checks and as a lovely backing to your flower, a gorgeous bow and so many wonderful details again Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous, with all the gingham it gives the feel of summer for sure, the flower is just lovely and I always love how you put together your ribbon bows with flowers and other goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific flower, layout and papers. Really beautifully designed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.